Ambergris Caye Belize

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Dave Henry, May 21, 2011.

1. Dave Henry Member

Langley, British Columbia
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    We just got back from a week in Belize. No fancy lodges, just a beach hotel and local guides. We were diving and fishing. My wife was hoping to get her first tarpon and Bonefish. We had a tough time with the Tarpon. Well, if you would consider fishing in your bare feet in the tropics tough. A lot of rejections to perfect presentations. Bones were everywhere as usual and we managed to get our share including some big ones(big for belize). Here's a few shots.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I just finished putting together an article on the trip. I think we're going to try it again next year.
  2. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +102 / 0
    I know that area well...good for you. It's heaven
  3. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

Wetside, Washington
    Ratings: +191 / 0
    I fished Ambergris Caye twice, absolutely love it. Great photos, report.
  4. Tony James Member

Oakbrook, WA
    Ratings: +17 / 0
    Very nice! I don't know if I should congratulate you on the beautiful fish, or for having a flyfishing wife - I guess you're lucky all around. I tried some flyfishing for bones down on the Florida Flats. Paid a pretty penny for a guided trip . . . aka expensive education on how to fish skinny gin clear water! Saw some nice schools of big super skitish bones and one school of traveling tarpon, but did not connect. I think they mistook me for one of those two legged land sharks! The scenery was breath taking and I will certainly give it another try the next time I'm down there - maybe on my own.

Best of luck - to the both of you - on your next outing!
  5. Jordan Simpson Active Member

Tsawwassen, BC
    Ratings: +45 / 1
    Awesome photos! Next time I get to fish the flats I'll try to bring a decent camera with me- hopefully I'll have the same luck! Nice to find another Lower-Mainlander on here!