An Angler's Paradise???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by dryflylarry, May 23, 2013.

1. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

This is a page from the Tacoma News Tribune "Special Section" titled NW Summer. Aren't you glad you live in an "Angler's Paradise".... check out the photo of YOUR paradise according to the TNT! Whoopee.

Attached Files:

Jack Devlin and Pat Lat like this.
  2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Looks like my kind of paradise.

3. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

That's awesome! My type of fishing! Lol, no not really. ;-)

4. The Duke

The Duke Been around

I've seen that and similar pictures. There is little that I would like more than to forever avoid that clusterf*^k! Mulitiple times I have encountered similar (but not quite as bad) fishing spots, and high tailed it out of there. I would rather fish a location with a .0001% chance of catching a fish than join in with that mess. Dealing with multitudes of skunkings has allowed me to really appreciate my surroundings.

Thomas Williams likes this.
  5. Jack Devlin

Jack Devlin Active Member

Looks like Purdy????

Pat Lat, Gary Knowels and dryflylarry like this.
  6. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Might be soon if people keep flapping their lips or posting pics of it.....

7. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

That would be the Puke in that pic.

And the spit is far from a secret. There are much better spots on the KP. I guess being a friendly UPS guy has its privileges. ;)

dryflylarry and Gary Knowels like this.
  8. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I can't click the link on my phone however I assume its a photo of some gnarly snagolicious gauntlet of death like the Puyallup or Nisqually at mounts road. First and last time I floated my pontoon through there. I was duckin they were chuckin.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

dryflylarry likes this.
  9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

It looks like Fortson Hole on opening day of winter Steelheading season.

10. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Paradise is crowded . . .

dryflylarry likes this.
  11. Jonathan Tachell

Jonathan Tachell Active Member

Sweet! Get in line and snag some slimers! Ha ha

dryflylarry likes this.
  12. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Not a place that you'll find my ugly mug....

13. GAT

GAT Active Member

Nothing wrong there. Looks similar to a length of the Alsea River during winter steelhead season -- and the very reason I no longer fish for winter steelhead.

14. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

I'd say that looks more like a tackle dealer's paradise.

dryflylarry and Blake Harmon like this.
  15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Full of republicans and democrats trying to get theirs. I'll pass on that stuff.

16. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Ha! Careful what you say politically on here Ed, you'll become a "certified a__hole" according to some!!.... (in other threads of course). :D:eek:

17. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Time and place Larry, not all threads are created equal or as accommodating. Some serve a different purpose. Everyone knows I'm an a--hole.

18. GAT

GAT Active Member

Well I certainly didn't know that so I guess it isn't everyone.

19. DennisE

DennisE Topwater and tying.

On the other hand, a zoo like the picture can be VERY entertaining!
    A comfortable chair out of the line of fire (may require binoculars;)), a cold beverage, and a sense of humor and you have something a lot better than most TV shows.
    Think of it as fishing show outtakes.
    Did that at Minter Creek last Thanksgiving. Even Santa was there! It was a hoot!

Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  20. GAT

GAT Active Member

Yup, the circus atmosphere can be entertaining -- if everyone gets along. There was once a huge chum run in the Miami River in Oregon and it was a circus fersure. Fortunately, everyone in the throng did get along and took it all in good humor. Unfortunately, the run was destroyed for a number of reasons and has gone the way of the wild goose... as have so many wild salmon fisheries in Oregon.

However, when it comes to winter steelhead, anglers take the sport far too seriously and sometimes fist fights break out or guns are pulled. I didn't sign on this fishing cruise to end up in a bar fight on a river bar. So those who are into winter steelhead angling are doing so without my attendance.