Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anadromous Advantage Converstion

Spey 
780 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dbdriftboat 
#1 ·
Just wondering. I have an Andronomous Advantage for my single hand 8 weight, but I'm looking to use that line system on the rod I'm building. I'm currently working on a Meiser 4/5, 11 foot switch and thought about using the Anadromous Advantage for swinging, maybe.

I have the yellow tips and I'm pretty sure they have a 9 foot head that integrates into a 15 sink, 7 foot sink, and one full length 24 foot sink. The running line is tapered as well and has the typical transition loop system.

With this system I would simply be swinging small unweigted/lightly weighted flies for trout or summer runs on the D.

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated.

#3 ·
Steve Godshall of Spey Werks is working on prototype "Spey Drivers" to deliver the anadramous advantage single hand tips with a spey line rated to cast it without it having to be aerialized like with a single hander. You might give him a call and ask him about your tips and what he recommends. Maybe he can shed some light on the lenght and grain weight of what his prototypes are for that delivery. I have a 7w AA line system for my single hander and like it but keeping that entire 24' sink tip in the air is beyond my ability. I asked him about thinking I could use that line and its tips on one of my light spey setups. It was a very interesting converstation, much of which was line physics and formulas that were well beyond my place in the food chain. Best of luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.