Anderson Lake

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BillH, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BillH

BillH New Member

I am thinking of going to Anderson Lake by Port Townsend this next week. By searching the WWF.com form, I have read some promising reports about this lake that is supposedly, trying to be made into a nice place to fish. My question is this: Has anyone fished this lake say last fall or more recentely? Do you have any pointers or pearls of wisdom about this lake. I read one report where someone said don't waist your time and two others bragging about the quality of the fish and the quality of the lake.

Do you have any suggestions?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I don't fish over there but if you go to the home page and click on washingtonlakes.com. There are several reports over there about this lake but they are a year old. But any info should be good.

Jim

3. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

This lake is about 10 minutes from the house And I should know it like the back of my hand, but I don't. I have fished it a bunch of times with small success, finding it weedy, muddy watered, and generally not all that pleasing. Seems I've always got someplace elsewhere to go.

There are bass and spiny rays in the lake and the recent stocking plan shows they did dump some big ones in there.

It is often crowded but there is a huge ramp to allow for at least double if not triple launching. There is a big dock for power baiters and catfish people.

Kids party there quite a bit and litter is a problem. Please pick up where you can.

I'm not big on the lake but that is probably my fault.

Bob, the I fish some of the smaller, less accessable lakes in the area.

Be sure to have all your licenses etc. 3 state patrol, 2 county sherriffs, and one game warden manned the lake on opening day a few years ago. I think you have to pay to park. The road in usually has a road block. It is heavily fished.
    :thumb

4. kjackson

kjackson Banned or Parked

I haven't fished there in three years or so, so things have apparently changed, based on Bob's comments.

It is a small lake, but there is only the caretaker's house. It is a state park, so there is a $5 parking fee if you don't have the yearly permit. I would not fish it opening weekend as it will be crowded and probably will be all week as well.

In the past, it's had pretty good fishing and usually had some pretty decent carryovers. The end near the launch is shallow, but the far end is relatively deep. If you can catch it without the crowds, it's a pleasant place to fish.

Keith