Andybody see this?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by bigtj, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bigtj Member

Victoria, BC
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  2. tahuyamg tahuyamg

not sure
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    I don't know what looks more wrong dude's face or the mud covered fish. Why would you want to show a beautiful fish covered in mud. What an idiot. I hope the fish was kept, might as well been. The mortality rate being cover in mud and grit like that is very high...
  3. ewhitaker75 Member

North Ellensburg
    I don't see an adipose fin, why not keep it? Who cares if it is covered in mud if it was indeed bonked and kept for the BBQ?:confused:
  4. Swandazi Kevin

Washington
    the mud gives it an earthy taste.
  5. Chromer Defeat terrorism

Newcastle, WA.
    Is holding a fish vertically somehow more appropriate? Zen is such a pleasant guy and NEVER controversial, lets let this incident pass.
  6. Will Atlas Guest

its was a hatchery fish, probably within a mile of the hatchery 8 months after entering freshwater. 1.) who cares if it dies, and 2.) probably dont want to eat that one. as long as its a native I'm not trippin, and if you look at Zens gallery, he generally handles the fish with adipose fins pretty well
  7. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    It was a super dark hatchery fish that flipped out of my hands and into a mud puddle during release. I was like...damn got to get a picture. Actually Will the fish was 21.5 miles from the hatchery but good guesses otherwise. I let it go, not sure if it lived, not sure if I care.
  8. seanengman Trout have no politics

davenport, wa
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Zen, thats great. Folks pay high dollar for a mud bath, that fish got it for free. The only thing Zen could have done more besides the spa treatment was a reach around, but I think thats against the law in this state.