Angler abuse on the Skagit?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Ryan Nathe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Also they may have 'glassed' you from a distance and saw that you haven't retained any fish or aren't doing anything explicitly illegal and moved on.

It think if they changed the laws so that money from tickets (or at least a large portion) went directly back to salaries for more enforcement we would see lots more on river checks.
  2. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,609 / 0
    Smalma,

Thanks for pointing that out. I missed the area/timing combo that allows the sockeye fishermen to keep on using what they have been.

Benny,

The tribes sockeye fishing days are limited by their expected incidental take of ESA chinook. If the chinook weren't present, they would have scheduled more days of sockeye fishing.

Sg
  3. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +408 / 0
    That is unlikely to happen, at least it seems to me. Getting a bureaucrat or politician to let go of money is a real hard thing to do.
  4. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,648 / 0
    And when they want a raise because what they are getting isn't enough to buy more crack.
  5. Ryan Nathe Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    I agree.
  6. troutpounder Active Member

everett
    Ratings: +58 / 0
    "BTW -
    I would love to selective gear rules being the normal on all of our anadromous rivers and in fact purposed such a change this regulation cycle.
    Tight lines
    Curt"

I agree Curt