Anglers Roost 11' 5/6 switch rod

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Terry Bare, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I am getting one of these this week. I was wondering if anyone has used one and what kind of line they used for it. Any help would be great. I am also getting the Decho 13'3 8wt rod and was wondering what lines work with it.

2. Not a switch but I bought a couple of 12'6", 6 wt. kits for my nephews. Flybill did the work on them and they cast beautifully with an Ambush line. They're pretty nice.

3. I have the ARE 12 foot 5/6. My favorite lines for it are the S.A. Mastery spey WF6F for dry work, and a custom 324 grain skagit head.

4. thank you for responding. How did Johnny send the rods ? I am waiting for mine.. he said it went out yesterday. I got one if his reels too so I will post the results of that venture.

5. Seems to me they came via UPS but it's been a couple of years so I'm not sure.

6. thank you I am itching to get this one on the water.

7. Just picked up the 8 wt ARE switch rod. I put a 510 grain Airflo Switch Tactical Skagit head on it. It throws like a dream. I also use a Deer Creek 11' 5 wt switch rod for summer steelhead and SRC off the beach and skagit heads in the 350 grain class seem to be about right. I have an older 350 grain RIO Skagit head with the integrated shooting line that I can skagit cast and throw overhead off the beach with good results.

8. thank you for the info all is greatly excepted I should get it today or tomorrow..