Anheuser Busch

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Curtis, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:
    I just was told the Anheuser busch has sold out to an overseas company. So much for it being an American lager!! Go Coors Light!!!!
    Just remember this for your next fishing trip when you stock up on beer.

2. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    Coors is at least half owned by Molson, a Canadian company. And is currently operating as "MillerCoors" with the Miller division of SAB/Miller. SAB stands for "South African Brewing" and you can guess where that is owned.

If you want US owned and US made beer, Sam Adams is currently the largest brewery that fits both of those. Keep in mind that all of the little brews (PBR, Rainer, LoneStar, etc) are all owned by one US company. But that company contracts to SAB Miller to brew the beer.

Personally, I say go for a microbrew. Good beer, local ownership and local jobs. The beer in your belly puts money into the pockets of people in your own community (or at least your own state/region).

Or, brew your own.

3. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    And the Budweiser Anheuser/Busch thing is pretty old news at this point. Though it may have been just recently that all the "official" paperwork and shareholder approval went through.

4. tim beez

tim beez beach maggot

WFF micro brew? sounds interesting... caddis flavored beer, the choice of trout

5. Tyler Sadowski

Tyler Sadowski Active Member

Media:
    Why Drink busch when we have pyramid hef or redhook blonde for that matter. Good beer not bad price and the ass of a hef taste better than that of a busch. Imho. just my two cents. P.S. I wouldnt turn down a Busch. :rofl: :beer1:

6. Eric Blankenship

Eric Blankenship New Member

Probably not any worse than the habanero amber I brewed a long time ago. Actually, it tasted pretty good, but the aftertaste felt like your throat was on fire.

The jalapeno batch was much better :D

7. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:

I am completely OK with supporting Canada. I prefer a microbrew as well, but a light beer while fishing in hot weather is much more refreshing!!

8. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Media:
    There's some good local lighter beers available. Old Seattle Lager from Maritime Pacific and Roger's from Georgetown are two I can think of off the top of my head.

9. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    Good call on Georgetown Alpine. I'm a Manny's fan myself.

10. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    I will drink any beer that Georgetown makes. In fact, I'd happily drive there to do so if I had to.

11. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Media:

Good call on Maritime!! Too bad it doesn't come in cans!! Much easier to dispose of in a raft! Maybe I should jsut do a pony keg!!! I need to go to Maritime soon!! Smokers!! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tasty!!

12. alpinetrout

Media:
    Luckily for me, the brewery is only a mile from my office and they have $6 growlers.

13. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    It is right in the heart of my sales territory. My favorite place to make cold calls.

14. Josh

Josh dead in the water

Media:
    It's not a washington brew, and it's not as cheap as Bud/Miller/Coors, but Fat Tire Ale is now available in cans.

15. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Media:
    Home Page:
    PBR is now the largest domestic brewer. $2.25 40s at Orange St. Market are very economical

16. alpinetrout

Media:
    Pabst's claim to be the largest domestic brewer is a bit of a stretch. They don't brew their own beer anymore, so they're really just a brand-name. "Largest domestically owned company selling beer brewed by others under their own name" is more accurate.

17. HauntedByWaters

HauntedByWaters Active Member

Whoah there buddy.

My entire understanding of the universe is on shaky ground as it is! :D

18. Fishful Thinking

Fishful Thinking Member

Don't forget Mack & Jacks in Redmond. They've expanded their retail outlet at the brewery, and now sell on weekends. And aren't they near Fetha Styx? Maybe we should get a WWF drink and cast session going.

19. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Fishful Thinking is onto something. Those crazy Bellinghammers have been getting together from time to time, why not other areas? I have no real friends, only a few virtual friends here who tolerate my ingorance of fishing, bug identification, casting techniques and overall general stupidity. I'd be happy to toss one back with such a cool group. Kitsap?

As for beer, prefer the micro brews, or a Guinness, or really whatever is available, no beer snobbiness here.

20. windtickler

windtickler Member

I'm opening a beer/wine bar in Everett on/around 11/1. I will have two house beers brewed by a local brewery coming online in Sultan, Skullknocker. One will be a light lager to compete with commercial "yellow beers" and another will be a very drinkable copper which we call the Quaffable Copper. These are "small" beers, brewed for session drinking. Worldanglr and I once killed 5 gallons of the copper in 4 hours and I went to work 8 hours later, no lying, no problem. We'll be bringing more of our own beers online over time, both large (like the Imp Rye Wine we made at Far West and hope to have on tap at the grand opening) and small, mostly German-inspired styles. So you will have good beer at both ends of the Sky: Headknocker in Sultan, and Balefire (my bar) at 1801 Hewitt. Perhaps I can arrange special growler prices for those with a fishing license and a fly rod.