Anheuser Busch

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Curtis, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +496 / 2
    As I said above, PBR is brewed by South African/UK owned SABMiller. Pabst Brewing Company, the parent company of PBR (and Schlitz, Stroh, Schaefer, Rainier, Olympia), has exactly zero breweries of their own.

So they aren't the largest brewer of anything. They are the largest domestically owned repackaging company of beer brewed by others.
  2. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,064 / 0
    Wasn't Bud/Busch known as the workingman's/NASCAR/ball park beer? The lowest common denominator among mass brewed beers? It seems odd that a European company would buy it. With most of those workingman jobs now being done in China it only seems logical that the Chinese would buy the brew that accompanies those jobs.

NASCAR has been having trouble filling seats and has started giving gas vouchers in some of it's venues. Perhaps they should give beer vouchers if they really want to improve attendance. If that fails there is always free sidearms for every male 21 and over.:) Standing room only plus huge beer sales! Ive
  3. windtickler Member

Ratings: +2 / 0
    The company that bought it was already the largest brewery in the world and had forced AB into a distribution deal. They make Europe's NASCAR beer, Stella Artois. So now, AB is essentially Belgian beer.
  4. JWKitsap Member

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Having worked in the beverage industry for the better part of 14 years, the consolidation that has been going on in the wine industry and now the beer industry has been par for the course for about the last 7-9 years. Add into that the weak US dollar and the fact that AB wasn't all that interested in global expansion outside of whipping Bud into the number one brand in the world (a great idea but tough to do in a marketplace w/ increased competition).

I'd personally much rather support the little guy, the local craft brewer any day of the week, but nothing beats a ice cold PBR or Coors Light after a long day of flogging the water.
  5. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,262 / 1
    Economics 101, drink and study hard
  6. FlyMeARiver Da Mailman! Making sure you get yours!

Spokane,Washington
  7. tim beez beach maggot

WA
    seattle or kitsap co happy hour anyone?
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Tim, I'm with you. You know I'm not much quality company to hang with, but I'll still hang. Is my rod reparied yet?
  9. tim beez beach maggot

WA
    beats me? theyve been flooded lately... people are fishing
  10. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Easy there little shooter, I'm just regurgitating information from the interwebz. I never much cared for facts, they are boring.
  11. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA
  12. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +410 / 0

Seattle, Georgetown to be precise of the local as originally stated by Alpine and Stonefish. My fav's include 9 lb hammer, smarty pants, or if we want to make it a venue that can include any age we could meet at Stellar pizza.

Zen, 2.25 for a beer is posh, I remember the .79 Big Bear ptyd
  13. ChrisW AKA Beadhead

Seattle, WA.
    Rainier is now owned by..................Pabst! :beathead:

Here's a way to avoid inserting NFR into posts like this: http://www.fishbrewing.com/ ....Home of: Wild Salmon Organic Pale Ale, Trout Stout, Mudshark Porter, Thornton Creek E.S.B., etc

Disclaimer: They also Brew Puget Soundkeeper Clean Water Ale, which benefits the nonprofit that I work for and helps protect water quality in Puget Sound. Thanks Guys! :beer2:
  14. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington

Don't worry there 'big chunk', I'll be just fine. You go ahead and regurgitate all you want.
  15. Sloan Craven Active Member

NoSho, ma
    Ratings: +30 / 0
    You want mass produced american beer..... drink Sam Adams.
    It's always a good decision.... and still American.
  16. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,618 / 2
    i'm a big supporter of local beer. after having beer from a large majority of our area breweries, i think Ellersick Brewing in Lynnwood trumps all. yummmmmmmmm
  17. hookedonthefly Active Member

Ratings: +121 / 0
    I'd be in. I need to get down and see Jim at FethaStyx. It would have to be in mid October though as my ass is currently being handed to me in the home moving process.

What about Fall City? The Little Saloon there on the corner. That place is cool and they have Wildcat IPA on tap.

Ed
  18. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Home moving process? Shit brah, you married. Your ass was handed to you a long time ago.
  19. hookedonthefly Active Member

Ratings: +121 / 0
    True That.

Ed
  20. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,615 / 0
    I held all of you in such high esteem, only to learn that so many are still drinking macro brew. Which is probably OK if you're still in high school or college. However, graduating requires . . . well, graduating.

Sg