Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Another classic Atlantic Salmon fly

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Flip 
#1 ·
This is a 8/0 Snowcock pattern tied in 1987. Does anybody know who tied this one?

McNeese

#5 ·
That would be one fly I would love to hang on my wall. . . .
the other patterns I like of Paul's are; Double Leopard, Soult, Corinthian, Murat ,Corinthian Kate, Chatterer and Davoust. He uses so much rare materials it is hard to duplicate any of his work, of course tying them would be harder then finding the materials.

Here is one . . . the Tier and What book did the pattern come from. . .kinda easy???

Hope you have not posted this one yet. . one of my favs. . .

Attachments

#6 ·
Jeremy

Nice Dog.
Flies like those you mentioned are not that difficult to tie, If you were rich, you could afford the wide variety of birds available around the globe.( with the right permits)
Their were several men in the 1880's that did tie the same way, and no one else could afford these rare feathers much like today. They are works of ART.I had several of the old flies in my hands years ago ,tied by some great englishmen, and they don't tie like that there anymore.

Mc Neese

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.