Another Helpful, Useless Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by steeli, Jan 23, 2009.

1. steeli Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Nice blue sky day, yet today at noon, Pass lake is surprisingly 2/3 frozen. The bay off the boat launch is frozen. A good rowboat could probably break through it, just depends how desperate you are. Cranberry was completely ice free.
  2. Tim Lockhart Working late at The Office

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +261 / 0
    Was curious but that sounds about right. Pass started forming ice at the point on Sunday. Guessing 2nd bay roadside is what's left.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,327 / 9
    Great almost useless report. Weather is to be COLD again this weekend. Maybe up to 40 or low 40's by day but 30 or lower overnight. I'm doing daddy daycare this weekend, so I'm not too broken up about it. I've gotta get out on the toon again soon.
  4. ceviche Active Member

Shoreline, Washington, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    Not so good news, as far as the temps are concerned. I think I'm going to wait until the highs are at least into the mid to high-40's before I get serious about the stillwater fishing. On the otherhand, I might get desperate to wet my line for the first time in 6 months.
  5. steeli Member

Seattle, WA
    Ya, the second roadside bay was about half frozen. Viewing this bay from the roadside, I saw a fish ring the water, only about ten feet from the edge of the ice....that's one desparate, hungry fish. I'd think a little wind/rain could clear out the ice pretty quick. Waiting, but think will be out there in a few weeks or so.
  6. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    Well it's a balmy 15 out here this morning and it's snowing again.
  7. steeli Member

Seattle, WA
    Cold winter, even for the west siders.
    Looks like back to the vice for awhile to tie some bugs up....or out to the river to whirl around some speys.