Another Junior Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Nick Riggs, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

O.K., now that we have the people, the swap moves forward, with Roadhog gracefully stepping in as the Swapmeister.

2. lx-88

lx-88 Member

I'm in.

3. roadhog

roadhog professional freight relocator

hey both you guys check your p.m. thanx roadhog:thumb:

4. Rory McMahon

Rory McMahon Active Member

im in... i dont think there are 8 people under 18 on this board though. All i know is Dan Soltau, Zen is around 18, and thats it, beside the people that have already signed up.

5. roadhog

hey t 990 what i sent to absolutehog was the idea of also having father/child involved. if thats the case my son and i are in. thanx roadhog and dorkboy :thumb:

6. TheShadKing

TheShadKing Will Fish For Food

Actually, if you'll take a real young kid, my 5 year old likes to tie. He's actually come really close himself to tieing some worthy patterns, and he's actually really good at picking out things to add to a fly to make it worthy.

7. gitto_wales

gitto_wales New Member

im only 17 guys im willing to join in

8. roadhog

looks like we have eight people atleast for a swap. sent pm to absolutehog to see if still interested in hosting if not i will do my first. want to keep it teenagers and father/mother and child teams or just kids are fine to. Hey shadking 5 yrs. old is fine my son is ten and he'll do it. let me know what is going on. thanx roadhog

9. roadhog

swaps on!!!!! we have 8 tyers now ill leave it open until staurday for any other takers have room for 2 more. hows that sound? thinking have flies in by may 24th so i can get them back before the memorial day weekend. this my first host so let me know what your tying and if you want to tie more then one pattern thats fine also, try to limit to 2 patterns each. thanx roadhog:thumb:

1 - roadhog - 2 patterns - done
    2 - dorkboy 10 yr. old son - 1 pattern - done
    3 - absolutehog - 2 patterns
    4 - Lx-88 - 2 patterns - received
    5 - theshadking
    6 - 5 yr. old son of shadking
    7 - gitto_wales - 1 pattern

10. Nick Riggs

Nice, finally some responses. I am relieved that RoadHog is hosting though, my life is a living hell right now. I'll put in two patterns, and I was thinking one Streamer and one Nymph. When I originally posted this, I meant it to be a trout fly swap. Is it still?

11. Nick Riggs

Oh ya, I already PM'd Zen, he said that he is way too busy dealing with the National Fly Fishing Team that he is on, I can only imagine how hectic that is...

12. lx-88

lx-88 Member

Im still in but I think I'll be doing one pattern. Pretty busy right now.

Might through in a SJW as the second since it's fast to tie.

13. gitto_wales

gitto_wales New Member

i pattern for me too!! to busy with international team. when is the deadline going to be??

14. roadhog

pattern can be anything trout, bass or other wise, river or lake.
    deadline is 24 th of may. any problems let me know if to soon or what. i want to have them back to you by memorial day weekend. thanx roadhog :thumb:

15. Rory McMahon

So is it 16 flies, either 16 of one or 8 of two? If its one pattern ill use my resources and tie my dog hair special. If its two ill tie the dog hair special and a GRHE(look in the "Best Fly Swap" gallery if you wanna see it.

16. roadhog

SWAP CLOSED!!!!
    With eight people so far you would tye 8 of each pattern. Lookes like eight is going to be it. waiting to hear back from theshadking and his son but thats not to much of an issue him being a swap veteren. if you dont know already send self addressed envelop and postage or money for postage. and a container big enough for 16 flies.

ADDRESS:
    SHAD CLARK
    414 N. HODGES RD.
    SPOKANE VALLEY, WA 99016

ANY QUESTIONS WRITE HERE OR PM ME

THANX SHAD AKA ROADHOG :thumb:

17. Rory McMahon

Sorry but im gonna have to pull out. I just got too much hw. About 4-5 hrs a day plus my chores. so i juss dont think ill b able to get it done.

18. roadhog

just writing to see how everyones doing. we can still push back the deadline if any one needs to. thanx roadhog :thumb:

19. lx-88

lx-88 Member

doing alright. I think I'm going to do one pattern to finish up on time.

20. Nick Riggs

yeah, i haven't had much time on the tying bench lately, look like just the streamer for me. It's one I made up, but in two days on the lake I got 5 trout and 2 bass on it.