Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Another really good deal

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  D3Smartie 
#1 ·
Just today I recieved a package containing one Hungarian Partridge skin. I paid about $14 including shipping, and it was a great deal. Its the biggest partridge skin I have seen, the color is great, and it beats anything I have seen in shops recently. Not to mention he is selling "chicken skins" without the neck, but with a complete saddle and wings for about the same price.

His eBay sellers moniker is "jjent." Not to mention he is rated 289 with no negatives, and is constantly complimented for his material.

I will be getting more materials from this guy.

#4 ·
I finally got my hun. Because I can't shoot straight, a buddy shot one and threw the whole ungutted bird in the freezer for me. I thought about thawing, refreezing to kill the next hatch of bugs, then thawing, skinning, and drying. But then I thought, "What's wrong with keeping it in the freezer?" It's convenient to my tying table and when I want a couple of feathers, I just open the freezer door, pull out the whole bird, the feathers are all ready organized by size and color on the bird, yank a couple feathers the right size, and toss the bird back in the freezer. As long as the new wife puts up with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.