Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Another 'tip 'o the hat' to the Burkie Boys.

Spey 
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fredaevans 
#1 ·
As you may be aware, my yellow lab took out the center section of one of my custom Burkie rods ....:beathead: Rod back yesterday and the fellows/folks did a BEAUTIFUL job on the repair, including matching the wrapping of the guides.

:thumb:

#3 ·
fredaevans said:
As you may be aware, my yellow lab took out the center section of one of my custom Burkie rods ....:beathead: Rod back yesterday and the fellows/folks did a BEAUTIFUL job on the repair, including matching the wrapping of the guides.

:thumb:
Fred,

Quite blaming Sandy. After all you put the rod on the floor of the vehicle and then told the dog to jump up on it.:eek:

How is the Chetco looking??

#5 ·
Yes this has happened before, bordering on spey rod negligence, never would be considered an acceptable insurance risk this Rogue Rat fellow and canines. My god expensive spey rods and active dogs don't mix, our Sibes never get near my spey rods.

:beer2: :beer1:

:thumb: :p

BG

#6 ·
Well, I know I drooled over a bunch of rods Fred had in his motor home at a speyclave a couple years ago. Figured a couple bottles of good scotch and I could take a few for a trial. Didn't work. LOL. Guess I need to bring a couple dogs and say "they ate them". :) ;)

#7 ·
I should have kept my mouth shut (or fingers off the key board, if you will); yup, this the second time Carry's had to replace the center section of my 8139-3. Turn around time was a bit over 30 days from 'drop off' to 'big box' on my front porch.

Good question on the Chetco Bruce; I'll check and get back at you tomorrow. Gather the lower Rogue has been 'hot, hot, hot.' Fishing in the upper river has been very strange; Corp of Eng FINALLY shut down the water flow out of Warm Springs dam so we're at (close to) summer flows again with water temp's in the low 40's, gin clear, etc.

From October 1st till December 31'st 7,000 some summer runs went through the counter north of Medford (into the top 30 miles of river) ... but where the hell did they go???:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.