any archers get a deer on the ground?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by reamse, Sep 17, 2008.

1. reamse

reamse New Member

Anyone been going out for early bow?

I got about 8 sits under my belt with no opportunities yet, mind you i've blown a lot of deer from spots though.

Wish everyone good luck!

2. Randy Sheaff

Randy Sheaff New Member

3. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Media:
    I went hunting with my dad saturday and he stuck a muley with his bow however with good news the comes the bad, waited an hour to let it die. Went to where it was shot.....NO blood, he hit it just a tiny bit high. Looked for a good 5 hours and found not but a few drops of blood, followed what we could but got nothing. Nothing more sad than knowing of wasted game. The one other time it has happend Ive got the worst feeling ever! After the scene we were done deer hunting for the weekend, the remorse of the one was enough to let it happen to another.

Jake

4. Jeff Hale

Jeff Hale B.I.G.F.F.

Media:
    Sorry to hear that. it's a tough thing to deal with when you wound game and don't recover it. I almost gave up hunting because of it one time. Remember, no matter what, if you took your best shot, had practiced before hand, and waited like you're supposed to, there was nothing else you could do. Don't beat yourself up.

5. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Sorry to hear about the one that got away.
    I love to arch hunt, but I love to kill what I shoot at so I don't hunt with my bow any more.
    Lost one to many.
    Don't give up, at least not yet. It sounds like you did all you could.

6. Jason Wood

Jason Wood Guest

Nice to hear that some people still have ethics...

7. Jake Bannon

Media:
    Well after that scene my dad has decided to stick with his muzzleloaders and rifles, in his opinion he sees this happen much more with bow hunting than anything else. I myself have witnessed it 3 times with bows and zero with rifles, however I know it happens with all weapons one in a good while. Ive never lost one personally out of the 9 Ive killed however I was hunting with a rifle every time.

Jake

8. Jake Bannon

Media:
    Im not usually one to bring up old topics but I found this pretty interesting. So My dad had arrowed his deer in Dayton about a month ago (the one that we couldnt find) and told the depressing story. So anyways I get a call from my dad's best friend who lives there and he had informed me he had seen the seen the deer that my dad had shot with his bow not more than an hour ago. It had came in to feed and was walking great and looked as if it had never been touched. What gave it away was the minor red sore right behind its shoulder that looked to be healing up. Im glad to have the feeling that the meat was not spoiled. Lucky me, I have a special mule deer permit for November so if he can get through me he is safe for another season.

Jake