Any Chums in the South Sound yet?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by troutaholic, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Larry, I'll be there casting directly over your head. I'm a lefty, so you can still back cast, I'll wear my hat low in the back to keep your flies off my ears and neck.

JAWS, that casting technique works for me, even in elbow to elbow drift fisheries. Barbless don't hurt coming out, but normally when I bury one into you I'll tug...Tug...TUG to make sure, is my fly hung up?
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Mumbles, two hook sets would be fine, thank you.:rofl: You're only allowed one after I scream, anyway. Any hooksets after that and I'll strip you to your backing and take your line.:clown:

I've had a bass plug sunk into the top of my cranium while fishing with a buddy in a 7' dinghy. Back around 1965. We got the barbed treble twisted out of the split ring so we could go on fishing. Later on that evening, the doctor in the emergency room thought the incident was so funny, he only charged me for the injection of novocaine before he removed the hook.

I don't go into those mass slimedawg hookeries, anyway.
  3. troutaholic Member

University Place, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Yeah no secrets in the list I mentioned, and indeed some of them can be combat fisheries on the weekend. But as someone above mentioned just about every estuary will have some healthy runs of chums if you don't like elbow to elbow. Yeah there are Chum cruising along the Purdy spit starting about now, some spawn in the creek (Burley creek?) I believe but many are probably on their way to the Minter hatchery.iagree
  4. troutaholic Member

Not secret Larry, and I described about 20 square miles of estuary. We have to be willing to give newbies at least a direction to look in. Besides you can't tell me you've never had someone give you a hint of where to fish...
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Take a newbie out to a spot to fish, not your super secret squirrel spot, but a spot where a little confidence boosting can happen. Share the spirit of fly fishing and maybe the world will turn the corner and things will be looking up.
  6. troutaholic Member

Love your attitude mumbles :) Your posts never fail to make my day!
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Thanks troutaholic, sorry my two job lifestyle has kept me from the forum on so many days. I'll work harder to make sure I post daily so that if you're down I'll give you a lift (or more likely a laugh).

Share the fun, share your chum!