Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Any Contestest Participants here?

821 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Nick Riggs 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of entering the Fly Tyer Magazine contest, or maybe the Mustad one. Anyone here ever participate? Just kind of curious what the process is like. Do you get any kind of feedback form the judges?

That would be cool.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I was thinking about entering the FTM contest. I have never participated in any tying event just due to wanting time to fish and focusing more on tying fishing flies vs presentation flies. I have a few CAS flies "in the cork" that I could submit for "tie breaker" flies but since there are so many better CAS tiers out there that would make mine look amateur and the fact that you don't get your submissions back, I will probably refrain from entering them either contest. It wouldn't be hard tying a Royal Wuff and another trout fly as a submission.

#3 ·
Fishing, what's that? LOL, I just bought a farm and all I do now if fix old equipment and cuss at weeds. No...not that kind of weed...

Well I think I am going forward with the FTM contest, firing up a silver doctor. I like the Mustad contest because it has an open catergory with no full dressed patterns allowed. My full dressed flies ain't winning nothing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.