Any Dry Falls reports?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Big Tuna, May 14, 2010.

1. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +39 / 0
    Thinking of going up tomorrow. Anyone fished it recently?

Thanks,

Jon
  2. Jerry Metcalf FishyJere

Enumclaw, WA
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    I fished it Thu. and Fri., it sucked. Wonderful weather, beautiful place, no bugs, few fish.

Jerry
  3. steeli Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    One poor report...how about any others? Thought I heard from the early opener, good fish sizes.
    Going to give the lake a try this week.
    Any other reports for central Wa lakes would be appreciated.
  4. candr Daryl

Ratings: +26 / 0
    Fished it sat and sunday with about 20 of my closest fishing friends each day. Great weather, water temp about 65 degrees, no wind saturday and a little sunday. No significant hatches and the fish I caught had a few size 18 chironomids in them and not much else. Trolling dead slow on the bottom in 23 feet of water appeared to be picking up the most fish - about 1 every 30 min. Leeches/wooley buggers in black, black and olive seemed to be producing the most fish. There were a few callibaetis coming off and some damsels around, but the fish didn't seem to be keyed into them yet. A number of fish were rising both days for what appeared to be emerging chironomids. Most of the fish I caught were rainbows in the 15 - 20 inch range. All really feisty fighters.
    I think that was my token dry falls trip this year. Don't think I will be back because there are many lakes with more/bigger fish and fewer people although the scenery is hard to beat. Good luck - post a report.
  5. Tony Tony

Lynnwood Wa
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I fished it a little over 2 weeks ago and the fishing was great, it started out sort of slow at first in the morning not alot of fish caught by most of the people there I think I got into 6 or so and there was one guy that had it dialed in that was doing alot better, the afternoon really picked up at least for me, I started tossing a small olive leech about and really got into alot of fish, I didn't see much coming off except for midges during the day no mayflies or damsels but I had a record day, I noticed that most of the people there weren't doing all that well but I see that alot, I don't think that just dragging a bugger around using a dryline is really all that effective sure it works but there are better ways to fish. I was heading to the take out and I was catching a fish on almost every cast when a guy asked me what I was using, I told him and showed him how I was fishing it even offered him a fly and was told no I have alot of leech patterns, well he continued to drag his fly around going fishless while I continued to catch one after another, I tried alot of patterns and different things before hitting on what the fish wanted, it took a few hours, but you know next time it could easily be me going fishless things change. The fish were in great shape fought hard and and there were a nice range of sizes from 12" to 20" with a couple even topping that.
    tony
  6. steeli Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Thanks for the reports.
    I'd agree with you Tony, sometimes it can be tough..but once dialed in there can be great action.
    I'll return a report later this week after giving it a go..