Any Duck Hunters Here?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by SHARP, Sep 29, 2009.

1. SHARP Member

Washougal, Washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Newer to the area and LOVE to duck hunt. Except I dont have anyone to hunt with! and also have no idea where to hunt. Ridgefield is the closest place I have heard of....

Any takers? or pointers on where to start!

Let me know
  2. Zack Dudley Take em'

Port Orchard, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    HERE! aha the only areas i know of is out by me on the hood canal, potholes on the east side thats about it on the top of my head, but there are a couple cool duck hunters on this forum!
  3. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    i hunt ducks quite a bit. shoot me a PM and I'll send you in a couple directions down there.
  4. Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    If you ever make it over here to the eastside, shoot me a PM... I know this place like the back of my hand.
  5. ScudCuddler Board Member

Forks, Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Awesome! duck hunters! I live in Bellingham area and have been trying to figure out ducking for 2 seasons now. I know of a very few places and this summer I got a few deeks. Is there anyone somewhat close by that would like to do some hunting????
  6. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    ScudCuddler look me up when the greenheads are open...I'm almost in the same boat as you...I've got a few places, granted they are public, but worth the effort on a cold crappy day when you're not sure if that was rain that just hit your lip or a booger!
  7. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    I'm also a duck hunter from Bellingham, but usually head east of the mountains for my ducks. I'd go out with you guys to Tennant or Terrell some day. Rick
  8. ScudCuddler Board Member

Forks, Wa
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Awesome! I built alot of the blinds in the Terrell and ferndale area. Worked for WDFW with TOm Reed. So my knowledge is of public places as well.
  9. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +62 / 0
    Same boat here. I've been in WA for four years and have yet to hit it. Just the other day, while rooting around in the garage for the second half of my Filson single tin chaps in preparation for a bird hunt, I realized that I have dozens and dozens of duck decoys, goose shells, silhouettes, hevi shot - not to mention enough camo crap for six guys - a layout blind and a Beretta extrema that are gathering dust. (I half expected to find my old Chessie out there) Anybody who wants to go, please let me know.
  10. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    I hunt ducks but I'm not in WA...

First couple birds of the year
    [IMG]
  11. Zack Dudley Take em'

Port Orchard, Washington
    nice guys! pm me if anyone wants to hunt sometime im in the seattle tacoma area
  12. BobA oh yeah!

Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Hi guy--- We usually duck hunt after deer season (mid-October). We use our driftboat on the lakes East of Vantage to get to areas that others cannot. Always looking for guys to join our group (7 guys that may hunt together sometimes) cause the wives seem to change plans for some of us, while others can get away for a hunting trip.
  13. Zack Dudley Take em'

Port Orchard, Washington
    nice always wanted to hunt vantage!
  14. xdog Active Member

Washington, Alaska and Louisiana
    Ratings: +40 / 0
    I used to live near Camas. Ridgefield can be good but generally is not in my experience. If you dont have one a boat I would seriously consider getting one it increases where you can hunt by tenfold. The Columbia is a big river and offers good public hunting opportunity its entire length. You not far from the coastal bays which harbor good duck numbers coupled with low hunter pressure. You are also not far from the eastside of the cascades and I think you will find there is something special about shooting birds in a sagebrush desert. While you mention ducks please realise you have moved to a fantastic goose hunting state and you nearly double you hunting opportunity by hunting them either seperately or on same hunts.
    If I were trying to find folks to hunt with I would join Washington Waterfowlers Association and frequent the Duck hunters refuge on the net, if you become involved with either they are good starting points to meet new people.

http://waduck.org/
    http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Good luck and good hunting regards,

:)