Any good lakes in Chelan (other than the big one)

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by jbrew1422, Jun 19, 2008.

1. jbrew1422

jbrew1422 New Member

I'm headed out to Chelan this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew of any places to go other than Lake Chelan. I'm looking for something a little smaller. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

2. Bryan Williamson

Bryan Williamson Willybethere

There are some small stocker lakes behind the town of Wapato, one of them is named Wapato Lake. Check it out on a map.

3. flyfis4fun

flyfis4fun New Member

Head to the town of Manson and up on the hill past the high school you will encounter Wapato and Roses Lake. You will also see a turn off for Antilon Lake.

All 3 offer good fishing with Roses providing the most productive fishing at the moment and the biggest fish. Antilon is up in the hills and provides good fishing for browns and a chance to get away from the crowds. Don't know much about Wapato other then it has been fishing tough this year.

Hope that helps.

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

I don't want to be a downer but Roses has been a skunk for me the last two times this spring and once last year.
    My neighbor on the other hand has had good luck using bait at Roses. ugh!
    Antilon is a neat little lake, poor shore access, but if ya got a float tube or toon. It would be fun to fish.
    This time of year the smallies in lake Chelan will be just off butt floss beach, look for the rock piles and stumps.

5. ewhitaker75

ewhitaker75 Member

Where exactly is butt floss beach? It would be great to hook into a few smallies when I head up in July

6. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

I'd like to go hang out and see why butt floss beach gets it's name :)

7. Xander

Xander Member

I'll be in the area for a bachelor party and am hoping to sneak off to fish while the others golf.

Are there decent shore options for the smallies on Chelan? And what about shore access at Roses, Antilon, and Wapato? Or anwhere else I should go for shore only options?

I will have gear for both trout and bass so whatever is easiest from the shore will be my calling.

thanks.

8. Xander

Xander Member

Oh,

I almost forgot:

9. I was at Roses last Nov when 2 trucks rolled up and dumped in thousands (I forgot how many - 4500?) of catchable bows. It was quite a site. I'm sure my 4 year old daughter has a skewed understanding of "where do fish come from?" from watching this.

As far shore access -- I have only one data point (there may be lots that I don't know about), but you could cast from the doc at the "public access" or there was a good point just to the left of the dock where I was casting from. I didn't catch anything -- the newly planted bows were jumping everywhere, but from a state of shock, not feeding.

10. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

ugg. sorry i asked....

11. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

Butt floss beach is the city park.
    If the water level is not to high, casting from shore is possible, ya better watch your back cast ya won't want to hook into something like the above pic.

12. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Hey, I thought OMJ was in Montana now days?????