Any ice off our local(spokane)lakes

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by cutthroatking, Mar 28, 2009.

1. cutthroatking

cutthroatking screw work lets fish

Anybody do any recon on amber,medical,or coffeepot lakes at the end of the week?The local rag(the spokesman review)said amber was still frozen with some open water around the edges.Any info would be great.If theres not any other options I will be at rock lake sunday morning if anyone wants to fish.

john

2. troutcatcher6

troutcatcher6 New Member

the only lake i can think of that has ice off is liberty lake. some nice browns and spiny ray's in there

:cool:

3. cutthroatking

I heard that coffeepot is ice free!!!!Anybody been out there?

4. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

I would think that any lakes south and west of Spokane should be Ice Free. Can't imagine Medical Lakes, Silver, and Sprague, etc. still iced over. It is almost April.

Keith

5. cutthroatking

Amber,medical and west medical as of the middle the week were still frozen except a little water around the edges.What I asked is if anyone had been to and seen these local waters first hand,I could give a guess based on the time of year but we have had nights below freezing all week.Sprague is ice free.

john

6. Mike Ediger

Mike Ediger Active Member

Keith,
    Clearly you haven't spent the winter over here the last two years!!!:p;)

7. walt

walt New Member

Coffeepot is ice free, Amber was close mid week and should be wide open now. I heard second hand that Medical is taking its own sweet time with some open water on the north(?) end.

8. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

I lived in Newport for 8 years. By this time even in the worst winters Diamond Lake was starting to thaw. Everything in the Spokane area was ice free by the middle of March. This must be a different winter. Here in Ellensburg, we've had the same cold weather but the lakes are beginning to thaw. I'm really surprised about Silver, and the Medical Lakes, never known them to go this late without thawing. That really does surprise me. They should start thawing out soon.

Is there really global warming? :D

Keith

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Considering the Blizzard I came thru yesterday. One would think of a little ice age again.

But the lakes in Montana still have an ice covering over them. And these are sitting at 3000'. That is low from where I live at, 5000'.

Jim

10. Kevin J. Burnham

Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

I drove back from the coast late Saturday night and the snow was unreal !!!!