Any one know of Hunter Ed courses going on?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Luke Davis, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Luke Davis

Luke Davis Member

I am super late on the Hunters Ed thing, just got busy and forgot about signing up for it.

Anyone know of one that isnt on wdfws website thats taking place soon?

Any help appreciated,

Luke

2. John Dude

John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Check with the Wildlife Committee of Washington (Kenmore Range). They usually offer several courses.

3. Zack Dudley

Zack Dudley Take em'

yeah either that or look on google, thats how i found mine, most local gun ranges will have them, i know when sportsmens warehouse was still a store they put on hunter ed classes, check it out.

4. Luke Davis

Luke Davis Member

I have looked and looked, contacted Kenmore and everything.. their all done for the season.

I really want to get out there this fall and winter, but all the classes pretty much ended at the end of September.

I emailed one range that offered them to see if they are still on, and trying to see if I can squeeze into a class that is "full", but it looks slim.. really a bummer

Anyone that might know of a "unknown" class that is taking place soon, it would be really helpful

5. Trent

Trent Ugly member

Try with the "Marysville Gun Club" (I think that is their name). I know they are running courses right now. They do it out at there range in the 7 lakes area.

6. Luke Davis

Luke Davis Member

I emailed them.

They are my last hope haha, The site said they have them through November but, it seemed dated back a few years so who knows

7. andrew

andrew Active Member

Media:
    You can also pay, I believe, 20 bucks and do a deferred year. All you need is a friend that has a license to sign for you. I think you must hunt with this person and not by yourself, which is the only draw back. I would only suggest this if you've hunted before, since there is a good reason behind this requirement. Lastly, if you're from another state and took a HE course there it qualifies here. I called Illinois DNR and asked for a copy of mine since I needed it for here...24-years later they still had record of it!

This program gives you a one year grace period on the HE course requirement.

8. Slipstream

Slipstream Active Member

Washington's 2009 Big Game Pamphlet has information on Hunter Ed on page 75. It explains the one year deferral and it also has contact numbers for courses. There is also information about an online course to complete reqiured training. Good Luck

9. Trevor Thorp

Trevor Thorp Happy to be home in the NW

Media:
    Have you looked into the online course? You still have to do a 4 hour evaluation at a range, but you can do everything else online.

10. Luke Davis

Luke Davis Member

Yeah I have, but there arnt any range evaluations going on right now..

Still waiting to hear back from one club that holds courses

11. Luke Davis

Luke Davis Member

Daconil,

Can you just contact a instructor to do the evaluation? Or does it have to be pre set already?