any suggestions on a good 6wt floating line?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by johnnyV, Mar 31, 2002.

1. johnnyV

johnnyV New Member

I am new to this, still practicing,I have a cheap 6wtff flyline,I figure I got what I paid for!! was thinking of the new cortland555! are there any other good lines ?? any comments would certainly help me out in my search!! thanks johnny v. :HMMM

2. callibaetis

callibaetis Guest

I just got the new Rio Grande. It loads the rod nicely and cast great. The fixed loop is also nice to loop a leader onto, it also serves as a mini indicator.

3. chironocast

chironocast New Member

All I can sy is this: get the wulff triangle taper floater
    and consider yourself lucky somebody cared.
    This line duz what you need for casting,presenting and fighting

4. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Media:
    Wulff TT is the best line EVER. I've never felt as confident in my casting as I do with the Wulff TT, it is an excellent line.

5. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The Cortland 555 is a great line and getting rave reviews. I bought one for my 6 wt. and it casts very well. My thought on this is I am not sure I am a good enough caster that the 555 makes much difference. I think I could get just as good of a cast with a lesser line. Maybe someone who is a more proficient caster than I could get more benefit from the 555. I guess what I am saying is, if you are a beginner, maybe a 444 would be just as good for you and you could save a bit of money.

KLS

6. guest

guest Guest

I think that you have to make up your own mind on what you want. What works for some one else might not work for you. I usually try to read up on what I'm going to buy so I think that I'm going to get my moneys worth. All of my fly lines are Cortlands. I like them. Jim S.