Any vetran Boy Scouts out there? 1911 Anglin MB hard to get.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cmann886, Apr 18, 2013.

1. In a year or so a Scout might be able to earn the fishing merit badge by playing a virtual fishing game online. No slime, no grime.

2. Nah...I got booted outta Webelos for smoking, and having a bad attitude.

3. You think they might have a new merit badge for sexting?

Krusty likes this.
  4. I earned my Eagle Scout Award in 1979, my Dad got his in 1949. The requirements were tougher to meet in 1949 than 1979. I have a reproduction copy of the first Boy Scouts of America Handbook (circa 1910). Looking at the requirements for Eagle Scout then, I'm not sure I could have met them when I was a scout. The merit badge requirements might have been simpler and easy to understand but they were awfully tough to meet in many cases.

freestoneangler likes this.
  5. Father and son Eagle Scouts...very cool! I don't recall if any of my troop made Eagle. I know we had a Life rank, but we were so big into backpacking the Tahoe Basin area -- our Troop Leader was a state Biologist that did field studies there. That allowed him to take us on 50, 75 and 100 mile trips (still have those badges as well)...we sewed them on our Camp Trail aluminum frame backpacks with pride.

Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  6. One of my favorite memories of CUB SCOUTS was the meeting where we watched our Den Mother's husband slaughter and gut a hog. I am pretty sure that would be outside the lines today.

7. An Eagle scouter from awhile back and the one fish sure does seem lame. Good times and good memories with Fishing being one of my first badges....of course.
    I just remembered hearing awhile back they made a Flyfishing merit badge and looked up the requirements....same thing! one fish..
    http://www.boyscouttrail.com/boy-scouts/meritbadges/flyfishing-merit-badge.asp
    Wonder how many on this forum would get the badge if tested today, as in right now.