Any WA fishing reports like this one?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dloopy, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Dloopy

Dloopy New Member

Hey guys, looking for a Washington fishing report with auto-updated stream flows and weather etc like this one for Colorado . Where do you guys go?

2. Bob Anderson

Bob Anderson Member

Outside.

R00k, GAT, Luke77 and 4 others like this.
  3. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

The Internet.

GAT likes this.
  4. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Pick your watershed, find a guide/shop website for it, and go from there.

golfman44 likes this.
  5. Dipnet

Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

I think I got this site from someone's post here on WFF but really haven't used it much. There looks to be a lot of info available so maybe this is what you're looking for?

http://fishing.smarttripmap.com/

6. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

@Dloopy - there are no reports on the site mentioned by Dipnet, but it is a really easy way to get stream flow gauges (all USGS / USBR gauges), tide charts, weather forecasts, and you can plan trips and journal with it among other things. If you're not on a mobile device, just hit the big DEMO button at the upper right and watch, the site will show you how to use itself. Hope it helps!

Russ Kendall likes this.
  7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Go fill up your rig with gas, go get a good map, and get up off your ass and go explore. You will never find a good place to fish asking. You have to get out side.

I have never asked anybody where the fishing is good at. I always went out and looked for myself. You'd be surprised as to what you can find if you would only get out.

Greg Armstrong and jjaims like this.
  8. Provider

Provider New Member

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

This gives you what the rivers are running. It doesn't tell you what is the best time to get out there. It also doesn't tell you if the river is dirty or clean. This is something you have to do by your lonesome. Look at the gauge and then the river of choice. See what it's doing. Is it high, dirty, or clean. Put that number in your head or book so next time you want to go, just look it up and see if it is feasible to go. When I lived in Washington I had all that info for the "S" rivers. Here,(Montana) I don't need it.

10. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Heck, I just drop a marker and add a note to it if it's new water to me... ;) but, yes, you kinda need to know what those levels mean. Is it wadable? Is it fishable? What flies and tactics work at various flows? Etc.

11. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

No, and I hope Washington never gets one like that. The internet already gives away too much to those who don't want to work for it.

Old Man likes this.