anybody fished Cranberry lake?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by nwtroutguy, Jan 24, 2010.

1. nwtroutguy The Tug Is The Drug

Bothell, washington
    Ratings: +21 / 0
    Just wondering because according to the reports, it is mainly a put and take, but reportedly holds some big browns.

Thanks
  2. Camo Clad Warrior Member

Sedro-Woolley,WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Have only fished it twice. Bothe times were in may, so I only caught stocker rainbows...
  3. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +181 / 6
    I don't fish it much but one of our club members hits it alot. He's gotten some nice fish out of there, especially during the non-tourist time of the year.
  4. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +352 / 0
    To chime in on Steve's post - this same club member fished it 2 weeks ago and reported he got 2 and fish were pretty active.

Good luck
  5. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    Which Cranberry Lake are you referring to? Snohomish area? Deception Pass? Shelton? How many cranberry lakes are there in WA?

Forget the Snohonish one...that is crabapple :beathead:
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +181 / 6
    Ooops.....didn't realize there were more than one. I guess I need to get off the Island more often. Jeff and I were refering to the one in Deception Pass State Park.
  7. Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have fished it in the past, but also only stockers to the net.

BD.
  8. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    I have fished the cranberry at deception state park several times. Rainbows and browns. My biggest out of there is around 17-18". One spring we had many 13-15" and no little guys, last time they were mostly 9-11". I made the mistake of keeping a couple and cooking at camp..yuk! they tasted like dirt/mud. I have always had my best luck fishing near the large rocks (swimmers end) and northwest side outer edges of the lilly pads...the side where they have the wet land and bird watching trails. It's a nice close get away in the spring time and it is one of the better state park camping ground facilities in western washington (MHO). Best if you have a boat or tube.....later in spring/summer you can rent canoes/boats (or at least you could three years ago). Might have to go back up there this spring.
    Olive/brown/black leeches, EHC's, and blue dunns worked one evening very well.