Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Anybody fishing the Sky these days?

3K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  troutdopemagic 
#1 ·
it's pretty close, and I'm sure Zeke's has a burger with my name on it. Anybody seeing anything around Proctor Creek on up? Just curious; maybe I can take a day and break out the big rod.

#33 ·
I consider myself lucky to have hooked 2 fish in 5 trips on the Sky this winter (High bridge to Sultan float). Both were hooked in the same run in almost the same spot and both got off. I'm almost certain both were wild fish. From talking to other boats on the river, this year has been extremely slow. On two occasions, nobody I spoke with had even hooked a fish - including the guys in sleds. That's pretty unusual. On Saturday, only one boat that I talked to had hooked a fish.

#34 ·
I landed one fishing gear between Reiter and high bridge last Thursday. With the water coming down after the big spike last week, conditions were about as perfect as they could have been all season. Didn't see or hear of anything except the one I caught, though. When the fish numbers are so low, it's hard for me to justify taking the time to really swing a run well, so the last couple trips have been run and gun float fishing. That's only my second fish this winter. Although, I've hooked a few nice sized bulls this year, which doesn't usually happen in the Sky for me much. I think I might call the hatchery fish season a wrap and find some solitude, looking for early wild fish above the S river terminal fisheries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.