anybody know anything about:

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by ak_powder_monkey, Apr 4, 2011.

1. wet line

wet line New Member

My first fly rod was a FL 84-6 built by Hippo at Seattle Tackle. It is the same mustard yellow blank as AK's. That rod was built in 1972 and has a metal ferull.

Ten years later I built another FL84-6 on the brown blank with the factory internal ferrull.

Dave

2. Tom Bowden

Tom Bowden Active Member

Media:
    Here's a picture of a 9' - 9wt I made several years ago for chum fishing. It's yellow & has the internal ferrule. I bought the blank on E-Bay from a guy in Alabama.

[​IMG]

3. Tom Bowden

Tom Bowden Active Member

Media:
    I can't seem to figure out how to get a picture of the rod on the message. I uploaded a picture to my member gallery if you want to take a look.

I apologize for the wasted posts.

Tom

4. Brookie_Hunter

Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Media:
    I don't own any Fenwicks (yet at least) but I happen to have a 1982 Fenwick (Woodstream) Rod Builders and Blank Catalog. While it doesn't have your exact blank listed, it has a Feralite FL-84-5F which is a 7ft, 2pc, 5wt blank that's brown, not gold like yours and 1 5/8oz. I'll photograph that portion of the catalog and attach later.