Anyone been to Lone Lake lately?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Pieter Salverda, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I am going to be on Whidbey for a week starting the Friday. Has anyone been to Lone Lake lately? I have neven fished there and am not sure what the water temps will be, but thought I would throw the tube and fishing gear in my rig and see what I can find. Any recent reports would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pieter

2. I was there today for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Didn't get any takes. I was real hot out. Didn't take the water temp but it's got to be up there. I am going to try again tomorrow in the morning if I can get my ass out of bed early enough. If not I'll try evening. It's suppose to cool down later this week. You might want to try Pass also, or the beaches. I hear the silvers are hitting pretty good this year.

3. Fished Lone today from 10 until 2 with a couple of buddies from the island fly club. Had 5 to hand, missed a couple and 2 LDR's. One of my buddies said the water temp has dropped over 5 degrees in the last week. The fish were very active and fought well. We were fishing deep and not the shoreline. Got two on streamers and the three others on a Montana Nymph variant. If you fish near the shore there are a bunch of tiny bass that will slam anything you put out there. They are only about 3" to 4" but very aggressive. Do they make a 00 or 000 fly rod???