Anyone care to join me?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Jordan Simpson, May 3, 2011.

1. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

Hey, I'm thinking of hitting up Lily Point in Point Roberts on Thursday maybe during the day. Since I don't know tides very well (when to go, which fishes best, etc), I usually just pack snacks and a lunch and go in the morning and just spend the day down at the beach. If anyone cares to join me, let me know. I'm not sure if I'm going for sure (it's about a half hour/45min bike ride for me), but if I don't go, I can still give you directions and then you can report on here how it was.

2. Van BT's

Van BT's New Member

Check protides.com for the nearest station near your area for tide times. I have an app on my phone as well. in my opinion, knowing what tide cycle you're going to fish helps you plan for your presentation and what gear to bring. Hope this helps, and let us know how it goes!

Van

3. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

To be honest, the only tides I've ever learned to fish are the ones in Hawai'i for bonefish. I have no idea which tides are best to fish for cutties, and therefor, can't plan my day around any specific one. I know- weird, and sort of useless, haha.
    I just go in the morning and spend all day...