Anyone do Bamboo ???

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Jeremy Husby, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Jeremy Husby

Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Media:
    Home Page:
    I have two bamboo rods that I would like to replace the eyes on. The agate has been lost for some time on one and ther other just had a metal eye and would like put a agate eye on it. I have heard that this a huge proccess and I do not want to ruin my rods. I was just wondering who the WFF rod makers recommend for such a repair???

2. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Here are two local people that you might try. A.B. Herndon and Jay Humling.

A.B. mostly builds new but may also be willing to do repairs/restorations. His new rods are really nice, simple and very clean. Nothing fancy just good solid craftsmanship. I spent an afternoon with him at his shop a few months ago. He is very well set up for serious rod production. Contact him here splitcanerods@comcast.net or info@herndonrods.com or view his web site here http://www.herndonrods.com/

Jay had a post on this board a while back. He was selling some restored rods.
    Try a search in the classifieds on this site.
    He describes himself as "strictly a hobbyist that enjoys the process and satisfaction one gets when creating something people enjoy". He can also build new. Contact him here northlake27@yahoo.com

TC

3. Jeremy Husby

Jeremy Husby Is there a Vahalla for fishermen?

Media:
    Home Page:
    Thank you very much.

4. Hexrods

Hexrods Bamboo Fly Rods

Media:
    Home Page:
    Tim,
    Thank you for your kind words on my bamboo rod building. It was a real pleasure to have you over to show you my shop and bamboo rods.
    I have four rod orders pending at this time, so I don't really have the time to do any restoration work, but thank you for mentioning me.
    Jeff Pope, who now lives in Spokane is the person who I highly recommend for restoration work. His e-mail address is: canenut@hotmail.com

5. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

Media:
    Heh there DH if you still haven't got your rods restored email me through this site and I can give you another name if you want. He is a local guy and I work for him, was just talking to him about a bamboo rod he has sitting against the wall, so I know he can do them.