Anyone Fish Gissberg ponds (Twin Lakes)?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by PatrickH, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Anyone fish this lake or know a good time to go for Bluegills?
    I was there 2 months ago and there wasn't a single fish around the whole lake. A month before that they where everywhere..

2. I have fished the south(adult) pond on occasion sporadically for a few years. Usually with a grandchild aboard. The noise from I-5 and the model hydroplane races in the Spring/Summer don't make for much of a wilderness experience.:(

Not a very large sample size, but I have found the lake to be dead November thru March. Perks-up in April for trout. I have caught bluegills on occasion in early July and again in October (I steer clear mid-July until mid-October). Never been able to dredge-up one of those channel catfish as an incidental catch.

PatrickH likes this.
  3. Definitely wrong time of year for warmwater species. Like the previous post stated, try back in April.

PatrickH likes this.
  4. ok. thanks for the info.
    The lake isn't the greatest, but good place for getting your line wet since there is always a open spot somewhere on the lake. I like how it's setup.
    I use to catch little bass from the shore many years ago, but haven't seen them since. I don't remember what time of year it was. I will try again in April. :)
    I read somewhere that someone went to the lake after midnight and caught a channel cat. So they must hide out until night time, then come out to feed.

gormaci likes this.