Anyone fishing soon? I need to get out of house!

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by William Wallace, Nov 6, 2013.

1. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Ratings: +198 / 0
    On leave till the 17th and need to go fishing, tired of hitting local rivers just to cast!!!! If anyone going pass a line, just want to hit it up somewhere and have fun. not needed to go to any secrete spot, just want to go!

William

PS I will have to get a kitchen pass and that should not be to hard, she is getting tired of me being around the house cleaning all the time!
  2. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Tomorrow looks like a good day to go fishing. Weather is really ugly out here on the coast right now. Strong breezes, mainly. This bit of rain should get the salmon moving upstream.
    I was thinking of going lake fishing (near a good Coho stream so that I'll have options), but the most recent forecast is calling for heavier showers at the lake now. (Not as much fun on a lake when its raining). I'm hoping that the forecast looks better tomorrow morning for up there.
    My default fishing plan if I get rained out on the lake is to either go for Coho in the river (Chehalis or one of its tribs), or drive to a spot on Hood Canal and cast for Chums, if I can get there well before the tide hits high.
    Fool's plans.;) I just checked the tide tables. Scratching the Chum idea due to tide timing. Forecast for up at the lake is 50% showers, mostly cloudy... so now my plan is to hit the lake, and maybe fish in the river on the way home, but only if the trout aren't biting too late and keep me out on the lake until dark, like they sometimes have a tendency to do...or if I get rained out. Then I would rather be fishing from the bank in my waders and rain gear. Like I said. Fool's plans.
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  3. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,264 / 0
    Wait..... aren't you guys' related......distantly......flyfishing must run in Scottish blood. I'm alot Welsh.... kinda close. Maybe that's my affliction. Genetic.
  4. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    Brown trout man !!!
  5. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    Hopefully not from Duvall..:eek: