Anyone free tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by jmwfish224, Feb 17, 2010.

1. jmwfish224

jmwfish224 You know what it is!

Just checking in to see if anyone would like to meet up for some SRC action tomorrow. I'm in Seattle and up for a drive somewhere around the Sound. Let me know if you're interested.

If you can't make it, any suggestions? I fished Carkeek today but was a little disappointed with the amount of beach available. I made my was down to Golden Gardens with low expectations and didn't touch a thing. The wind was blowing hard and steady, so much so that the windsurfers were out in force!

Thanks,

Jeff

2. NomDeTrout

NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Media:
    ever since the bridge closed down, it seems like the beach got even busier. Now everyone and their dogs are on the beach. They need to put a sign up at the fence opening to let people know no dogs allowed. I saw a pile of dog dookie past the fence and on sand.

3. jmwfish224

jmwfish224 You know what it is!

For what its worth, I made it out this morning and fished the outgoing tide for a few hours. Managed my first three SRC's in the Sound, all on an olive/white clouser. One was small, one was average and one was big. Thankfully, it was much less windy today and that made a big difference! Getting hit in the face with dumbell-eyed clousers isn't any fun at all! Fortunately that didn't happen to me today. Get out there and enjoy the sunshine if you get a chance!

Jeff

4. NomDeTrout

Media:
    Nice job jeff. Glad you had a good day. 3 SRC's off NSeattle sounds like a great day if you ask me. I'll have to join you one of these days.

5. Dave Boyle

Dave Boyle Active Member

Nice one Jeff,

3 fish from there is not bad going, I'll see you here on Saturday with 10 others. Sorry if I sound like a tit but it 's a small beach and it'll be mobbed (well 4-5+ fishers) this w/end. Find your space and camp there for 2-3 hrs, the antithesis of SRC fishing in the sound. Yes, I live near there and I used to fish it quite a lot and do OK but in the last few yrs the #s fishing there has risen dramatically and the fishing not as good but that's more likely me not getting out enough, the joys of little kids ;-) It's best to say simply a N sound beach, adding Jim's name let's a few more in the know have good idea where you're on about. A truly great bloke BTW and always willing to share his incredible experience from fishing the N sound beaches and he has a lot of cool salt fly patterns. Anyway, sounding like I'm an old grounch, well done. Maybe I'll bump into you there one day.

Cheers,

Dave

6. NomDeTrout

Media:

Dave, good point, i will be editing my posts :)
    I spent an hour or so at the shop one day picking at Jim's brain, truly a great guy to speak to.