Anyone going to be at Hoodsport tomorrow? Friday 11.11.11

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by yellowlab, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Im heading down for a few hours of fishing if anyone wants to rendevous PM me.

2. Jim Mcallister

Jim Mcallister AKA stillwater guy

Hey Iam headed to hoodsport sunday . How was the fishing? Hope it was better then the weather.

3. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

I heard that two days ago the place was blanketed in Indian nets and a processing boat was anchored up taking deliveries. Most the Chum were in the nets.

4. They net on Tuesdays and Thursdays...

Alot of rain and wind, but the fish didn't mind. Swung, stripped, twitched all worked well for those Hoodsport Chums. I find them to be the most aggressive fish apart from the ones that we've caught on the Squamish river in BC.

5. pts

pts New Member

I plan first trip to Hoodsport from the bank this year on Monday. Would appreciate a report on how the numbers are this weekend as a 160 mile drive from Portland. I have always fished on the incoming tide and done well until the high water forces you to shore. Monday I will have to arrive at high tide and have to fish the outgoing tide. Can't even wade into the water until it goes out for awhile and all the accesible water is shoulder to shoulder with gear fishermen.

6. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Yellowlab, did you notice any nets being set, or in? There were a lot of nets in two fridays ago, a little bit after noon, when I drove up the canal, and also nets being set late last Sunday afternoon when I drove home. So I think they are netting on Fridays, and on Sunday afternoons as well. I had hoped to try for some Chums, but I won't even bother when the nets are in. I saw a couple of zombie-looking ones already off the mouth of Little Lilliwaup Creek, but didn't notice enough to suit up and bust out the gear. My 8 wt line is trashed and my 8 wt reel a piece of crap, but I'll use 'em on Chum if I have to.

7. Jim, yes, there were nets set and tribal guys running and gunning in their boats. I think there are usually nets set up south of Hoodsport, but I didn't see any to the north.

8. Calico Keta

Calico Keta Member

Starting November 14Th.
    They will be beach seining on Mon-Tue and Thursdays.

9. Not what I heard from someone that went on Monday, the sign posted said M,W,F... pretty much fried my plans for today.

10. Calico Keta

Calico Keta Member

correction - Mon-Wed -Fri.
    They added an extra day.

Hoodsport - 360-877-5222