Anyone own a Sage 7126 TCX (i.e. Death Star)?

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by obiwankanobi, Dec 14, 2009.

1. I keep hearing rave reviews about this rod and would like to know the opinions of those who have tried/either own this rod. I have yet to take it for a test drive.

2. I have a 6126-3. It's very fast and I haven't mastered it yet. I need to find the right line combination for it. It a nice rod, however.

3. Obi, Ron up at AATF just got the blank in for this rod. He'll be building it this month, and the action seems crisp, but of course we haven't cast it yet. The rod just came out recently, so I don't know how many people actually have or have fished the rod.

For me, I would like the Z-Axis 7136, but that's down the road... way down the road...

4. It is a very nice rod. Fished it with both a Compact Scandi 520 and Compact Skagit 600. It handles both nicely - feels like you need to hit it, but just relax and watch magic happen. The far side of the river has never seemed so close.

Unrelated, but the old 6126-3 is one of the most underrated rods of all time. Try it with a Rio Skagit Short 475.

5. JGS,
    Try dropping down to a 540 or 510 compact skagit and drop the compact scandi to a 480. Then you shouldn't have to hit it.

6. You really need the "Deathstar". It is nicccce. I like Zen's line recs for myself but it will certainly do more as JGS points out.

7. I own both the 7136 and the 7126, I will never sell the 7126. A 540 skagit compact and a 510 or 480 scandi compact and you can cast like a pro. I love the feel of the rod and can't wait to take it to AK for big bows next year and swing this spring for coastal steelhead.

8. One for sale on e-bay with a $275 opening bid...the Z-axis 7136 that is.

9. I am in the process fo buiding one for a friend and should be done with it by the end of this week. The blanks feels awesome and this rod will be a zingerof a rod. It will only make me want to build one for myself.......will the 8126-3 have to sit on the back burner? We'll see, I love that rod.

10. I fished the rod today on the "S" river. The rod is a cannon with a 540 Skagit compact. If you don't own it you will, first cast and you will be looking at getting another rod. This is a one rod I will never get rid of and I am glad I bought it.