Anyone scouted the MF lately?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tom Savelle, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Tom Savelle

Tom Savelle Learning enough to illustrate how little I know

Have a friend in town this weekend, and was going to hit up the MF Snoq one morning. Flow's look pretty high compared to when I last fished it 2 weeks ago; so I'm having second thoughts. Can anyone share some recent observations regarding water quality?

Thanks!

Tom

2. Wyoforlife

Wyoforlife Dry Fly Purist

I made the 30 mile trek up there yesterday and it is COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT!!!

Hope this helps....

Compared to two weeks ago, 15 fish in 3 hrs., Yesterday blew, literally.

I would give it at least a week or even two, if the wether stays dry, before trying it. Your best bet is the Cle Elum or the Yak.

3. earlsmith

earlsmith Member

Media:
    I fished pretty low (aroung the mnt Si area...) today for three hours and the water does need to come down to a manageable 600 cfs or so. water clarity below the bottlenecks 50 yds was about 4 ft. I managed a double digit day, but worked HARD for the fish.....my advice is to go where you need to to get to pocket water around the rocks......and don't ignore the edges as many fish push out to water and lies that they can manage....

You will get fish west of Mnt si rd......and you should probably take some stimulators sz 14 or so

No I won't draw you a map, LOL

Earl

4. yo_eddy

yo_eddy New Member

fished it yesterday. Up high. Had a great day on the river. Levels might have been rising as the day went as the middle middle run looked to have more water than when we went by in the morning. Wished I had my boat, as it would have been a nice fishing kayaking double.