Anyone Shore Fishing Snohomish River?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PatrickH, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,702 / 2
    wanting a little solitude in an otherwise shit show circus fishery makes me a dick
    aplTyler likes this.
  2. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,338 / 0
    What's a tackle box?

EDIT: Not being a dick, just a smartass:)
    McNasty likes this.
  3. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,088 / 0
    Is this a troll post? Asking people for fishing spots then turning around and calling them assholes when they give you advice which included driving directions?

Or am I missing something here...
    aplTyler likes this.
  4. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,226 / 0
  5. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Actually - I think the poster with all the questions is really young. The driving directions are for his mom - so he better get them right or she's gonna be pissed. Seriously - he seems like a young dude with lots of questions.
  6. wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Wallingford, WA
    Ratings: +1,614 / 0
    The intent of the question here was impressing the girlfriend. Which is curious given the tidal Snohomish isn't exactly impress-your-date material. By taking you there you are telling her: "This place would be better if I had a boat." Which betrays much more than the fact you don't have a boat.

(alternatively each of you will be thinking the other sorta smells like a combination funk of low tide, creosote, rail-yard diesel, outboard fumes, sewage and woodchips)

Why not take the water taxi to Jetty Island, high tide, no wind, bring some food and wine, uncork your charms at sunset, cast to rollers & keep your proverbial rod and reel out of the sand. Hitch a ride home with strangers, impress them with your and her charms. See if they'll take you out on the boat for round two.
    McNasty, Brady Burmeister and smc like this.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,726 / 0
    Salmon, when they come into fresh water get pretty tight lipped. If your fly isn't right in front of their noses they will ignore it. Also fly fishing for tight lipped salmon is not the easiest thing to do for somebody just starting out. It's not like you go out there, throw out a line and catch a fish.
  8. zimdependent New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    I Fished Bob Heirman Sunday, I got there at 5am and was the last car to have a spot in the lot. Fished untill 12:00. The fish are already all up river said one, another said the fish are all still in the sound.
  9. Cuttbow82 Active Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    I agree, if I were just starting out, I would find a nice beach access and throw out some saltwater flies. Better chance of having a fish that will actually chase your fly to eat it. I've been on rivers when they are packed with salmon and have them
    totally ignore my offerings.
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    It was at this time of the year when we used to fish the Main Stilly down below Silvana by the cement plant. I believe that they have stuck gates up so you can't get in there to fish. But you used to have to watch out for the Humpies swimming up river where you crossed to get to the other bank. They came in droves.

It's sad the people used these places to dump their garbage so the owners closed down all the good places to fish.
  11. Hillbilly Redneck wishin i was fishin

Whitehorse Mt.
    Ratings: +108 / 0
    Old man. Stilly aint open for slimers or any other salmon yet. Although I did see I guy walking through town a bit ago heading for Haller park with his Eagle Claw salmon setup. Easy tickets for the gamies.
    zimdependent likes this.
  12. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +106 / 0

The Sky is open below Lewis Street Bridge now. I would suggest you go up to Monroe and fish down from the bridge.
  13. Jamie Wilson Active Member

Arlington WA
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    Excellent advice
    And don't be afraid to get your feet wet!!
  14. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,035 / 1
    I think it's time to give this lad directions to "Cheapskate".
  15. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +737 / 0
    Be carefull this is how you end up with kids!!!!!
  16. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,035 / 1
    "Cheapskate" is just downstream from Douglas Bar. One is a pay fishing spot and the other is free.
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Hey, I haven't been fishing in Washington in 7 or 8 years now. Things get a little fuzzy now and then.
  18. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +752 / 2
    Welcome to the internet where sarcasm is free of charge. Directions to off the beaten path spots are not free. The lower Sky and Snohomish have very few walk in spots that are flyfisher friendly. Places to fish that aren't well known will not be broadcast on public radio.

Like it or not, that's how it is. Every now and then I'll PM somebody a nugget of info that points them in a promising direction. You won't be one of those people. Good luck!
  19. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +412 / 0
    Dick! :cool:
    David Dalan likes this.
  20. PatrickH Active Member

Snohomish County Wa
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    I use to know of 4 good places I fished at all the time, but now those places are not there anymore.
    This is a fishing community. I wasn't looking for someone secret fishing hole, I was just looking for any place that has good access from the bank or shore to fish. I'm not from Snohomish, so don't go up and down the river all the time and I don't hear about any places from other fisherman.
    I couldn't find a place even after driving up and down the river, but instead of getting help, I get put down because I wasn't able to find a location and I asked for help and I got a bunch of rude smart ass comments and I respond back, and most of you attack me with stupid responses for that and fail to see the reason why I made those comments in the first place..
    No one would have talked to me like that in person asking the same questions, but most of you have nothing better to do that to put people down for your amusement. I find places on my own at all the other rivers, but this one I was having a hard time.. Easy to say there is fishing spots all over when your sitting at the computer, but actually going down there to fish and going to the all so many places is BS unless your fishing on a muddy bank filled with snags and logs while standing in the bushes.
    And I don't need to impress my girlfriend with some trashy river.. I'm just looking for a spot on the Snohomish that I can fish for salmon right now since I have to wait until Sept 1st to fish the stilly.
    Thank you for all the people who did help me and provide a little info to get me going and explore, I will check it out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.