Anyone Shore Fishing Snohomish River?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by PatrickH, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

Media:

Thank you.

2. Tracy Lauricella

Tracy Lauricella Active Member

I am going to hit the Snohomish at sunrise tomorrow morning. If you have waders and don't mind a little hiking & wading, you are welcome to join me. Send me a PM and I'll send you details of where to meet up.

PatrickH likes this.
  3. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

There are a lot of dicks around here, if that is benchmark. I will happily join that club.

4. PT

PT Physhicist

If I had met you in person and you were questioning me about likely spots and felt entitled to whatever info that I might have, I'd probably tell you the Duwamish is on fire right now and there is great access all over the place. While this is pretty much an open forum, information isn't free. Some people will come across as A-holes, some will be polite, most won't reply, and others will wonder why some guy is getting pissy because he isn't getting what he feels he is owed. The only thing you are owed is..... Nothing. Let me guess. You in your upper teens or early twenties?

Did you try PM'ing anyone and offer up something in return? Offer to keep in on the down low? If so, and you still received the brush off...... well that's life. I've been fishing this area hard for 30 years and have earned 95% of my knowledge on my own. Much of what I get from this site is reading between the lines, learning who fishes where, and occasionally pm'ing fold for a nugget of information. I always state that I completely understand if they don't want to share tips on specific locations or techniques. Nothing is owed to me.

And, like others have stated, if you can't find a spot or two on your own then what do you really expect? Most of that lower river is not conducive to fishing the fly. Most is fishing on a muddy bank filled with snags and logs while standing in the bushes. That is what that river is. There aren't any secrets or special code for those in the know. There may be a spot or two that others don't want to share. It's really not a big deal and certainly isn't something to get all pissy about.

Whether I'm talking to you in person or on the internet doesn't really matter..... Except that posting here is also telling the world about something that maybe I don't even want to tell you in person.

I'm guessing you don't know what it's like to have most of your once secret spots to be not so secret anymore. Small runs of steelhead you used to fish with nobody around to now have multiple cars arrive before daybreak on a weekday with a couple people in each rig. Like most here, I've seen it. Like most, I'm now fishing fringe fisheries because at least I have solitude. Nothing is owed to you. You can still find all the water you want to fish but don't expect it given to you.

The entire first page of this thread was about as courteous as it gets. And you get upset over one comment from Old Man about needing you hand held?

This is a great forum. Read between the lines. Figure out who does what. Contribute more than you receive.

Good luck!

5. PT

PT Physhicist

Here you go.

Nice offer!

6. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

PT-
    Well said.

7. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

Media:

Are you kidding me. You have absolutely no idea what is going on in this thread..
    I was asking if there was any places to fish on the Snohomish, Not someone's secret fishing hole and I was not demanding answers to where the fishing spot where.
    I got pissy towards the comments that did not need to be said on my questions that where rude and disrespectful when all I was doing was asking if there was any places to fish, as in common spots that everyone already knows about. Your acting like I was getting pissed off because no one was giving me there secret fishing spots and I was demanding them from everyone. Don't twist my comments and my thread to make it look like I was doing something I wasn't to make it look like your logic has some sense to it. The Snohomish river is a public river that anyone in the world can come down to fish at. I'm just not from Snohomish, so I don't even know where 1 place is anymore since my old spots are not there anymore. I just wanted to know of any spot where I can fish a couple times before the stilly opens up. People can dish out rude comments and thats ok? but when I react on what was said to me, all of a sudden I am the one who is being a ass? Just because my post count is not as high as other, doesn't mean I'm a push over and let people talk to me in anyway they want to. Then you repeatedly say how I think I am owed something just because I asked for a common spot on a open public river? Don't twist my topic. If I was a girl, I'm sure I would have so many PM's and so much helpful info from everyone, but it seems to be that I am here for people to abuse because you have nothing else better to do. This isn't my first day on a forum, I know how things work and how buddy buddy groups gang up on people. I was just asking for some help and wasn't expecting anything but maybe a helpful piece of info on a location that I did receive from some people on this forum and I thanked them. So, from the other people, there was no need to disrespect me because YOU thought I was demanding private locations. I am 33 years old and really annoyed about having to keep explaining myself to those who post shit that doesn't even make sense. Shows how you are as a person to treat others who ask for help. I always help anyone when I can, I wont be rude and tell them to go have there mommy hold there hand and find there own dam places to fish and all there other crap that was said that I am not going to repeat. It's just fishing, relax. It's not a stream bed filled with gold nuggets.. Information isn't free comment? Do I have to kiss your ass to get a helping hand. Would you like me to send you money or mow your lawn to get info on a place to fish on a river? unbelievable.. what is someone asked you for directions? you make the person pay you money or wash your car before you tell them what road to take?..

8. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

this will help you reach your goal !

Gregg Lundgren likes this.
  9. PT

PT Physhicist

Re-read the first page. What more do you want?

Access is being closed to all types of places. It's the way of the world. Too many people creating too much of a mess. It affects all of us. Even us cleanly types who don't abuse the resource.

I was wrong in that I thought you were a petulant little kid. Petulance isn't reserved for only the young.

When a nice push of fish enters the Stilly be sure to post up your spots for all to share. I'm always eager to learn about new places to fish.

10. PT

PT Physhicist

I'll add that we've all had our ups and downs on this forum and others we frequent. Just because you don't get what you want in this specific topic doesn't mean all is bad. Lots of good stuff to be had even if it isn't exactly what we want when we want it.

If you have weekdays open, I could find room in the boat for chasing these little bastards in the salt. A bit more access to be had for me on the salt.

11. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:

Heres the thing dude. These are the comments that were made before you called people here "such assholes":

Not a single post there is rude nor disrespectful. In fact, every single post was surprisingly helpful towards you. The first disrespectful post in this thread was you calling those helping you assholes/dicks.

Quite absurd to be honest.

PT likes this.
  12. PT

PT Physhicist

Roper said it best a while ago when he mentioned that threads like these let him know who he'd like to fish with and who he wouldn't.

constructeur and golfman44 like this.
  13. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:

WOW. Just. Wow. To lazy or stupid to find a pull out spot on one of the most trafficked rivers in WA, and then have the nerve to start calling people assholes?

AND talk shit when OMJ damn near drew you a map?

You asked, people answered. If that's too much for you, please feel free to go somewhere else.

PT likes this.
  14. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

Media:
    Yeah, I just say people are being rude assholes for no reason.. That's what I do in topics I ask for help in. Those comments are not directed toward the people who where giving good advice, they are directed at the people who are giving rude smartass comments. Even if someone give some advice, that talks down to me like I'm a idiot before they finish thier post, do I still say thank you and ignore the rude comments at the end? Why you highlight everything, but you seem to leave out the rude ass comments.. You seem to leave out the actually issues that where the problem and make it look like I was just mad at people who where giving me helpful advice.
    How about just not saying anything at all? There was helpful people posting in here and no one else needed to chime in just to be a dick. Just couldn't resist? and it's not just one comment, it when they keep adding more and more. 1 person says something rude and they figure they all have to pitch in their smart ass comments to make me look like a idiot who needs to impress my girlfriend with a fishing spot or hold my mommy's hand.. I drive down they road and find all the spot by myself, but you can't find one on your own? How stupid are you.. I can do this, but you can't do that, your stupid.. I'm done posting in here and repeating myself. You all can group up and kiss each others ass by not seeing the points that are pointed out to you and keep picking out the good posts and making it look like I was calling people dicks who where helping me. You give someone a compliment like you never met before, you look pretty today, but your hair looks liek it's never been washed, are you homeless are something?. Would you say that the person is nice by giving a compliment, or would you see that person as being a dick? Either way, if this place is just full of people who can't see that facts, then I won't be asking for your help. Just don't reply in my topics I make.

15. David Dalan

Media:

Breaking balls makes the internet go 'round. Get a helmet :D

And your right about no one would talk to you like that in person. Many anglers, if they didn't know you, wouldn't tell you anything. I've met folks on the river (rare to be sure) who tell you to go fellatiate yourself if you ask for info. And the ones that share freely (not all the time, but often) don't know anything worth knowing. However, a lot of very useful information has made it into my hands because of folks I have met on this forum. I bet I am not the only one. There are folks here who from time to time are willing to share a great deal. I would bet, even after all this discord, someone may PM you with some nuggets.

16. PatrickH

PatrickH Active Member

Media:

WHy don't you just go phuck yourself.. Popular for who? you? people who live around there? I was ok with the help I got, then people have to keep adding there BS comments just like what you did just now. That's what keeps this going. I wasn't directing my comments to anyone who really helped me, but I wasn't naming names. If this forum is just going to be populated by people like you, I will go somewhere else, somewhere where they don't talk down to people who are not from the area. I drove up and down the stupid river already and there wasn't anything. Did you fail to read that the last few times I said it? Stupid..

17. David Dalan

Media:

Well, actually I wrote "trafficked" not popular. I'm sorry your upset, but not sorry I wrote what I did. You asked questions, and as is par for the course you got some useful information and a some trash talking. I think your expectations and reaction are not reasonable. But that's just my viewpoint.

Jason Rolfe likes this.
  18. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

Lets take left and talk about the Seiners out in front of Mukilteo/Everett. really putting a bummer on my beach/lower river fishing.

19. golfman44

golfman44 Active Member

Media:
    Are you not reading the same thread? I literally quoted every single post that was made in this thread before you called them assholes....Old Man literally gave you turn by turn directions and you called him an asshole....

Oh well.

20. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Media:
    Dude, cmon. I really doubt anyone is messing with you because they dislike you. Heck, I created a rookie thread that basically says " rip on me please", and I take it as fun and games. No body dislikes you, well after your recent comments that may not be true anymore but BEFORE that is different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.