Anyone tried RSL lately?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by guitarfisher, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Chef

Chef New Member

I love creekside! Great people.

2. bkerbs

bkerbs Member

A freind and I are hitting the lake tomorrow. If anyone comes through say Hi. It would be great to place a face with some of the names on the site. blue pontoon boat tan ford truck.

3. Jeff Cheng

Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Media:
    Chef, it was an awesome day out with JC. I did get my pontoon. i took it out (because i couldn't stand it in my garage) for an hour last week. Just stopped by beaver lake close to me. Sadly i've been way too busy to fish. I'm thinking if the weather holds, friday morning i may fish but not sure where. My girlfriend plus church has been dictating my schedule. Chinese new years doesn't help my need to fish either.

MB, Thanks for all the advice. I actually picked up some flies on my way over to beaver last thursday. i wish i could make it out to rufus woods; that sounds awesome! I'm really just looking for a calm day that is a friday which i can hit the lake. pretty simple but seattle's weather is just so unpredictable. I know i did well dragging buggers around lone a few weeks back with JC. So i'm sorta leaning to what i've tried so far...not that i've really tried that much....

4. Chef

Chef New Member

Jeff: We gotta fish together! You get your rod yet? Any equipment and such? I am getting gitty just talking about fishing.

5. Jeff Cheng

Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Media:
    Yup! everything is set up and ready go to.
    Unless it's pouring down rain tomorrow morning, i'm going to go up to lone. :)
    I'm dying to get up there again. atleast i know i will have a chance at catching fish there compared to some other lakes near me.

6. Chef

Chef New Member

what other lakes have you tried?

Fishing in the rain is not bad really. makes a nice "chop" on the water which can bring more fish out. Temps should be good too.

7. Jeff Cheng

Jeff Cheng Jeff Cheng

Media:
    so far just beaver and lone.

I was up at lone yesterday morning. caught the 7:30 ferry. It was so windy i almost didnt go out. Around 9-10:30 it was windy but calmer with a few large gusts. finally caught a 15". I did get a hit that almost took my rod and my rod holder out of my boat. but it left as fast as it hit. Eventually got blown off the lake around noon.