Anyone tried the Dave Scadden pontoon boat trailer

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by chbichsel, Jul 10, 2013.

1. chbichsel New Member

Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have not been able to get much information on it besides the price ($1699), a picture (http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/AccessoriesSpecifications.html), and the answer below:

"Yes, our custom pontoon boat trailer works very nicely. It is hugely popular. It is 12 ft long 5 ft wide and has waterproof lights and carpeted bunks to cradle the pontoons"
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    From the look of it (which isn't very much that I can see there) you can find just as nice of trailer here locally cheaper (or even in Oregon). I know the old flatbed raft trailers weren't much more then that, and multi use on top of it.
  3. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,172 / 0
    How long do you think one will have to wait for the tires to be shipped, lol?!
    JesseCFowl, Chris Bellows, PT and 5 others like this.
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +658 / 5
    Lol. Post of the year.
  5. CMustang1 _

Ratings: +5 / 0
    I can not resist wondering what the substitute tires would be.
  6. james.jimenez Active Member

South Korea
    Ratings: +234 / 0
    LMAO!!!!
  7. chromefinder New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    You could get yourself a new Karavan KBE-1250-46 bunk trailer at Cableas or a local dealer for approx $650.
    Works very well as a pontoon, raft or small drift boat trailer and won't break the bank.

[IMG]
  8. Riverman Member

USA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Personally, I just don't see spending $1600 + for a small trailer, when a guy can build a good one for $500-$600. Find a neighbor with a welder.
    Ron McNeal likes this.
  9. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +713 / 2
    This was going to be my suggestion. Add another $100 at most to modify the bunks and you're set. I'd leave it full length but the tongue could easily be cut back to decrease overall length. I added a motorcycle rack to mine (King Trailer, though). Really simple project which I did for my Super Puma.

The thought of receiving a 3rd wheel or a pair of mags sent by mistake does have a certain appeal ;)

IMG_0420.JPG
  10. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +724 / 0
    I bet Blue has one that she LOVES!
    Blue, Steezn290, chromefinder and 3 others like this.