Anyone tried the new short head outbound?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by golfman65, Feb 10, 2009.

1. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Wondering how the shorthead outbound stacks up against the 40+ cold salt line?

Any and all help would be appreciated!!!!

2. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Media:
    I fish the 40 + with the Ridge running line which is a great beach line. I plan on picking up a Outbound Short this summer to give it a try.
    From the reviews I'v read on several saltwater boards on both coasts, most seem to really like new OBS lines. Lots of positive comments regarding the new thicker running line and the lack of tangles compared to the original Outbounds.

3. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

Excellent, I'm torn between the two lines but got a freebie coming and they don't have any 40+'s...

4. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    I have a 40+, I have several OG outbounds, and I fished the OBS last Sunday. I really like the new running line on the OBS, it tangles less then the old line and I like that it's an intermediate sink rather then floating. I like the longer head on the older line mostly because I like to carry more line. All in all, I like it and I will be purchasing one shortly.

I can't stand my 6wt 40+, I don't like how it turns over, and I despise the connection between the running line and the head. I'm working on trading it to a friend for his new OBS.

My .02$

5. Connor H

Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Media:
    Hey ibn,

I might be able to take that line off your hands! I am building a sage rpl 6 weight at the moment. I need a new beach rod so here I go. What would it take to steal that line from ya?

6. nutsack angler

nutsack angler newb

I got the WF8I/I OBS from PSFC this fall and it's the dope! I was told this is the line if your fishing from the beach while the OGOB is better from the boat. it's the skagit of salt.