Anyone up for a material swap!!

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by obiwankanobi, Jun 21, 2007.

1. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

I will have to soon clean out my closet full of fly tying materials and see what I have dups and trips of. Not sure yet on my inventory and being that I tie usually one to two doz on the weekdays and more on the weekends, I don't know what I can trade.

If you are like me you have drawers full of materials that you opened once and didn't bother to put back in the original sack or took time to organize, but are still quality materials. You then see that one pattern and you go buy the 3mm foam that you bought last year, but just tied a half doz patterns of.

I figured reading previous posts about over buying materials, I thought I would take the initiative and start a trading thread, where we can save some money and swap what we have extra of.

Anyone have a Great Blue Heron cape, I'd gladly swap for that!!!!!!;) ;) ;) -----Just a joke

2. kodiaksalmon

kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

Anyone wants to dump some yak or rabbit skins? 95% of my tying involves those two materials. I've got bucktails in almost every color and packs and packs of Super Hair that I'd be glad to part with. I haven't tied with either in years.

I've got some colored hot glue sticks for egg patterns as well. Been collecting dust for years as well.

I've got some propeller spinners that can go. I use Colorado and willow blades now.

Good thread! :beer2:

3. Stefan Elliott

Stefan Elliott New Member

im a beginner and never tied a fly , but i could pay for some material or possibly get some to trade. looking for clouser minnow material , wooley bugger , and possibly deer hair , depends on if i get anything to swap or how much cash

4. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

I bought some glass beads tonight for lake fly patterns. I went to a local craft store and bought a bazillion light olive green glass beads and maroon beads. I am tying Olive Willy's, Chiron's and Damsel patterns. If you don't have these and would like to trade, trust me I have way too much to use for my interests.

Bob

5. Swandazi

Swandazi Kevin

I got some polar aire in, green (1/2 left but still alot), red, and yellow i'd be willing to trade. I got it as a substitute for a material for some perch patterns but it didnt work to well. I also have some orange globug yarn

I'd be willing to trade for colored deer hair..

6. Josh Brower

Josh Brower AKA Salmon, Trout, Steelheader

i have a whole beaver pelt if someone needs some, i can cut some chunks out of it to trade.