Anyone up for a steelhead fly swap??

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by pwoens, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Heh if it's alright with everyone I would like to tie on up. I've never done one of these before, so you'll have to take me thru the red tape.
    If it is okay, I would like to tie a version of the green-butt skunk.

Harleydeen

Oops I see that fly is already taken...how about a version of the inland purple peril
  2. jordan19 New Member

I am in-where do I send them??:thumb
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +563 / 5
    Man, you trying to kill me Jim????

Those snakes are a BEAR to tie. I was fed up after my third one. LOL. They are a pain in the butt, let me tell you. Hmmmmm, but I could make a string leech though. Hmmmmmmm, that's a possibility.
  4. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Hal, you and I are the Swap Whores. LOL. We can never seem to get away from them can we?

I'll leave the snakes to you. :D }( I have two more swaps to tie for (this one, and one of Stew's off our board) and am wrapping up our swap. I think I may do a General Boss for this one. Not sure what I'll do for Stew's though. Maybe I'll do a string leech for Stew's. But could reverse it, eh? Sheesh, too many decisions.
    You can tie these Hal.
    [IMG]

But, I can't tie any of these
    [IMG]
    He won't let me tie these either
    [IMG]
    But Hal would want me to tie these, which I'm already gonna tie you some extra Hal, so don't worry
    [IMG]
    But maybe I'll just tie this one
    [IMG]

I think I'll make him wait, and see the General Boss fly. }( Sorry, was in a silly mood. LOL
  5. pwoens Active Member

Spokane, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Heres the list so far...only two spots open

Remember 12 tiers total.

So far we have the following participants:

1) andrew
    2) donhouck
    3) nwflyfisher
    4) Steelheader69
    5) mcolagrossi
    6) Obsessed
    7) BOBLAWLESS
    8) harleydeen
    9) jordan19
    10) pwoens
    11)
    12)

if everyone could post what they are tying so no duplicates are tied, that would be great. Im tying a simple double egg weighted pattern.
    ~Patrick ><>
  6. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Heres the list so far...only two spots open

I'm going to stick with my inland purple peril

Harleydeen

P.S. Do I tie up 12 of these or just one? sorry for the stupid question. Have never participated in one of these yet.
  7. pwoens Active Member

My bad....each tier is responsible for 12 flies

I apologize for not detailing this aspect.

Each participant is responsible for tying 12 flies total. You will in return receive 12 flies back, one from each tier.

Still have two slots open??

~Patrick ><>
  8. Rxfisher New Member

Sedro-Woolley, Washington, US.

Ok I'll do it. Don't know what I'll send in yet, Why no spey flies??? Rxfisher (Steve)
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.

He's afraid to see what a real fly looks like. ;)

I'll be tying my General Boss. Similar to a boss, but with purple body, red collar and tail.
  10. pwoens Active Member

Spey flies are now allowed!!!

ugggggg!!! fine x( , the no spey flies rule is revoked.....spey flies are now allowed. My reason was cause they look sooo 'pretty' that my simple double egg pattern will look pathetic next to your sophisticated spey flies :hmmm

edit: whinners :p

~Patrick ><>
  11. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska

Yeah I love tying speys ! oh well ...
    Steve
  12. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.

Funny thing is I tie both the double egg sperm fly and the babine special, have had 100's of hook-ups...Ugly or not they produce, now if I can ever land one of the mysterious steelie then I will have accomplished my journey.

Harleydeen
  13. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska

Hey don't give the double egg pattern ! I wanted one of those that's why I decided to get in. I hate tying those things. the only way I tie them and I know your gonna laugh is if I can get those little pom-pom balls from the Craft store.
    Steve:(
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.

LOL, quit whinning???? I'm not whinning. I'm winning. ;-) I already commited myself to my general boss's. But, I'll send you some speys just to spite you. }(

Oh, I agree, there are times the egg flies work great. I use the babine special a bit. Especially late in spawning season, and ESPECIALLY when the salmon are spawning. Catch all sorts of goodies that way (cutts, dollies, and steelhead). Great pattern.
  15. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Where do I send the flies?

Mine are done. Did them with an order today. I'm gonna do some extra's for you as well. But the main flies are done. All ready to go. :D
  16. Hal Eckert Member

West GLs

OK, I think I do it, no other fly swap comittments I know of, can work around son's football and my work to get these done by the due date.

SH 69 and Old Man, I will not be doing 12 snakes, they are time intensive but I am getting better with them now.

Will do some GLs winter pattern the Washington steelheaders may have not seen.

Please confirm if Black Ghost is in so I can commence with the project ? (Other wise I will start another fly swap on the other board right SH 69 ?)

:beer1

BG
  17. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.

LOL Hal. I saw you spoke of a hand tied swap. How about you doing a snake in hand tied format??? ;) :p :7 Could you imagine that???? OMG. I think you could hear me cussing all the way to your house Hal. Hey, I was gonna tell you, with your flies, I put in some of that sturgeon leader for your flies.
  18. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

I can't tell for sure if there's one more spot, but if there is I would like to join the party! Don't know what I'll tie, but I promise it won't be pretty... Maybe a marabou fly?

Bill
  19. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Hey when do you want these ? I am about half way done and where do I send them?
    Steve
  20. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Alright I am tying up some "Simple Steelhead Shrimp"...4 are done...8 more to go, with 12 streamers next.