Anyone want to fish the sound tommorow?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by lx-88, Jan 14, 2009.

1. lx-88

lx-88 Member

Media:
    I'm home for another week of winter break from UM and am going to hit the sound tomorrow. Anyone want to carpool or meet up at a beach? I'm in the Seattle area and want to escape from Lincoln Park and go south or to fish. I'm new to fishing in the salt but not new to fishing.

2. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

Lx-88,
    Carpooling probably won't work for me as I live on East Hill, Kent and my van is too full of fishing gear to take anybody else comfortably anyhow. However I will probably be at Doc's or Purdy sometime this weekend - (haven't checked the Tide tables yet). You can PM me if you want to meet up or need directions.

Jc

3. How'd you do?

4. lx-88

lx-88 Member

Media:
    Went down to Doc's on Thursday for the outgoing tide. There were fish around and some other guys from this site were there and did well but I went for a walk down the beech and had a few tugs but no fish. Sea Lion was following me. Anyway, had a bast walking the beech and would definitely do it again. I' going to read up on sea runs though.

5. Jim Speaker

Jim Speaker Active Member

Home Page:
    Fly-Fishing Coastal Cutthroat Trout by Les Johnson :ray1:

6. Jeff

Jeff Member

iagree with Jim. Pick up a copy of Les Johnson's book and save yourself a lot of time and have a good read as well.

-Jeff