Anything shaking in the Rogue river right now?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Tom Arroll, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Tom Arroll Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Hi,

Going to run the Rogue Riverh the family from above Graves Creek to Agness next week. As my wife just sprung this plan on me today I am scambling to find out what the fishing is up to right now. What little I know it is a majority Salmon and Steelhead river but know nothing about the run timing. If anyone is aware of a thread or external link that can provide this info I would love to take a look. Is the river in this stretch amenable to spey or is it too thin?

Thanks,

Thomas
  2. John Dougher Member

SW WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Tom,
    I think it's a bit early, but it has been a few years since I have fished that stretch. One piece of advice that I can offer is to pack a few copper johns (red). Hooked most of my steelhead on this pattern.
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    Where's Fred Evans when you need him.
  4. Drifter Active Member

Ratings: +634 / 2
  5. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +136 / 3
    Springers are in the river this time of year. Choice of guide (assuming guided trip thru the wild & scenic) can be a factor as most are gear types. Were it me, I'd bring an 8 or 9 wt Skagit setup, heavy MOW tips & big flies. River flows are down right now, so you probably wont need more than 6ft of T-14, but then again, if there are any deep holes, that''s where you'll find them.
  6. Kevin J. Burnham Active Member

Auburn,Wa.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
  7. speyfisher Active Member

State of Jefferson U.S.A.
    Ratings: +136 / 3
    *&^%## Holy water is something on the order of 85+ highway miles north of Graves Creek put in.