Anywhere to shoot by Cheney?

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by reamse, Jul 7, 2008.

1. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone know of a gun club or range to shoot out by Cheney?

Or anyone a member in Spokane? I tried leaving some emails to the SRC and SGC but haven't got responses from either.

Want to get out and do some trap shooting and some rifle shots.

Getting ready for the seasons and can't shoot anywhere cause I don't know anyone.

If anyone wants to get out and break some clays or take some cans out, let me know, i'll even put up the shells and at 30 pack (after shooting :thumb:

We're crazy in Wisconsin, but not stupid.

Let me know! I'm itchin!

Thanks,

Ellsworth
  2. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +128 / 0
    The Rifle Club isnt that far from Cheney at all. The guys down there are really hospitable, in my opinion

There is also a range in Spangle, but have never shot there. Give that one a try
  3. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    Oh, also Landt Farms in Suncrest/9 Mile has a fantastic sporting clays range that is worth your time
  4. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    Thanks Jmills,
    Do you know if the SRC allows guests? My girlfriend wants to get into shooting, but I don't know if she's serious enough that we would get her a membership as well.

Thanks.
  5. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    I know they allow guests during shoots. Call them up and see when they are or what the member/guest policy is

Everyone who I have come in contact with there has been great. Totally helpful
  6. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +318 / 0
    When I was a kid, growing up in Cheney (circa 1980) on the far west end of town, the rule was once you were past the second set of tracks to the south of town anything was fair game..
  7. Jmills81 The Dude Abides

Spokane, WA
    not any more...thats for sure
  8. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +318 / 0
    Oh I know for sure that isn't the rule now and I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't even outside of city limits anymore. As a kid there used to be several duck ponds that were on private property south of town that were within walkin distance.

I must have pulled 300 Hun off of the west side of Millers Hill (across Salnave rd from the graveyard) with my old 20 guage as a kid too. I would bet money that isn't open for shooting any more either.

I can't believe how much that place has changed. I didn't go there from 1991 until 2000 and it is a completely different world. The area does still holds an incredible amount of wildlife.
  9. reamse New Member

Cheney, Washington
    The closest area for open shooting I have found so far is Fishtrap south of Cheney, but it will work for now I suppose.

I don't think any of that land is shootable anymore either, most is developed :bawling:
  10. herl Member

the other washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Ah, I see.. I misread the tread title.. I thought you were asking if anyone has been shot by Cheney?