Appropriate WFF report

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by PfleugerPhister, Nov 18, 2012.

1. PfleugerPhister

PfleugerPhister Active Member

With everyone getting their panties in a bunch, here is a report that has taken the needed steps to not offend, but surely will ruffle someone's feathers.

I fished a beach in somewhere in Puget Sound sometime in the last week. The weather was cloudy. The tide was moving, but I won't specify what direction. I used a fly with some flash and feathers and a hook. The fly was dull colored. Some fish were caught, but I won't put up any pictures because I'm sure somebody would identify the fish and know where it was.

All in all, I will not express an opinion of the day because that may allude to the overall success and may further lead to assumptions on my location.

2. stilly stalker

stilly stalker Tuna sniffer

WOW, you fished an olive clouser at Lincoln park beach on the ebb tide and caught 3 cutthroat, the largest just shy of 15"? Sounds like a nice day to me

3. DennisE

DennisE Topwater and tying.

WHAT!? Four hours and no response from the "Ruffled Feathers" forum? What's this world coming to?

4. High Flyin

High Flyin Member

You used a hook? There goes that trick.

5. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

You just don't understand the implications of your actions do you? Thousands of lurkers on this forum and non lurkers and you make light of a serious attempt by the chickens in the rain group to help you understand the importance of not communicating specific information about sensitive fisheries. Don't you understand that fish should only be caught by people who have discovered, Lewis and Clark style, the fishery on their own. A post on a forum like this is forever and locals and regulars will now have to fish next to other people in their once secret areas. They need those fish to be completely unmolested by other fisherman, how else are they going to catch them. Besides we all know that the non flyfishing gear chuckers on the sight head out in the unscrupulous thousands to descend upon the helpless fish and fisherman so they can unethically harvest more than their keep. Don't you get how bad it is to be post specific results about any fishery. Peoples panties are bunched for a reason. From now on I suggest that all reports first must be passed by me for editing and for potential impact on a fishery. Please send me a PM.

Steve Call likes this.
  6. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I will prescreen reports for Ira.

7. Blktailhunter

Blktailhunter Active Member

He used a hook? @&#%!!!!!!!!

8. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Zen is an adequate all be it not as qualified surrogate in case I'm unable or unwilling to reply in time to your request to post a report.

9. PfleugerPhister

PfleugerPhister Active Member

I am toying around with the idea of submitting all reports from now on telepathically.

10. skokomish fly

skokomish fly New Member

I personally Keep a journal of my fishing trips that is kept in a lock box inside of another lock box in an undisclosed but safe location. As for giving a fishing report on a fishing forum that is just crazy and should be removed by the mods as soon as it pops up.

11. DimeBrite

DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Lame thread, thanks for wasting my time.

ten80, Pat Lat and Evan Burck like this.
  12. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Indeed, but I will say that what is not a waste of my time, is reading all of a thread that is a waste of my time and then taking the time to respond to the thread indicating how much a waste of my time it was to read the thread. Yes, that makes perfect sense to me, yes indeed.

Phister, I just received your report and I approve it, I'll send it out right now to the people who will appreciate it the most in terms of its ruffling effect.

13. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Nothing like a little sarcasm to get us through the bad weather doldrums.

14. Upton O

Upton O Blind hog fisherman

I like the sarcasm, too, but did you have to say your fly had "flash" in it?

15. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

I never give out information like that. It might be taken as "too much information" by someone on the forum.

Upton O likes this.
  16. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Good late morning/afternoon ebb over the next few days. Let the roiled near water clear before fishing. Saltwater Rule #3: Never fish dirty water. Popper works great in wind.

Leland.

17. Puget Sound Pimp

Puget Sound Pimp Banned or Parked

This is to much info, Mike T may get on your case.

18. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

LOL! Stay classy Alex.

19. Puget Sound Pimp

Puget Sound Pimp Banned or Parked

And I thought only 13 year old girls say "LOL". And I'm so terrified you know my name.

20. Mike T

Mike T Active Member

Alex, I posted your name to remind you that we met last Wednesday, and in hopes that from that meeting we attended you might realize we might not too far apart in how much we both enjoy fishing the sound. A matter of mere degrees perhaps in how to best respect the fishery. You brought my name up twice in different threads since your foul melt down last week, thus my response.

I apologize to the other members for participating in negativity here in this thread, I'll back out now and won't respond further.

Jason Rolfe likes this.