April 1st opener

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Apr 1, 2014.

1. I fished a lake today where the smallest fish I saw was 18 inches and up.

2. Pics or it didn't happen :-D

Lue Taylor likes this.
  3. The lake I fished today had land locked chinook. Fished #14 chron's and the average fish was 35#.............it was a great day.

4. I would have taken a picture but there was too much background to crop out. This was a general rules lake and one guy was leaving with his limit of 5 fish, 18 inches and up.

5. Doesn't that mean that THREE of his fish were illegal and over the regulations. Are not the regulations ONLY TWO over 17??

Well, you did better than I did on March 31. Two lakes...one fish on one lake...and then a ton of fish on the other lake from 14 inches down.....I think we must have hit the plant date!!! It was hot and heavy right at the boat launch and then tapered off as we moved farther down the lake!!! So we moved back up to the launch!!!

Did fill the freezer with breakfast fish....with the cold water temperature hope they taste ok.

BTW the water temp was 50 degrees. Late spring.

6. I hit two lakes and rocky ford ,caught fish at everyone. Had a good day! Met Ira and got to watch him Hammer fish! I came unprepared but still had a nice time. It was nice to meet you Ira hope to fish with you again.

Irafly likes this.
  7. Had to pick on you. I'm just jealous because I spent the day behind a desk..

8. I'll be there starting next W/E. Then every one until mid May !!! Yippeeee !!!

9. I'll break the regs out tomorrow morning for a look-see. I thought the rules were 5 fish any size for a general regulation lake.

10. Or maybe just check the date.

11. I don't play April fools jokes. One just needs to know how to scout out lakes.

Bob Rankin likes this.