April 1st

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Scott Salzer, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Anyone heading east for the April 1st opener?

If you are, remember the new license.

MB

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

I will be fishing the east side April 1st.

3. Scott Salzer

That's right, you don't have to head over anymore. You seem to be getting your share of fishing time, well deserved!

4. Islander

Islander Steve

Had some things come up and it looks like I won't be going to meet up with Ivan this week. Maybe I'll hook up the tin tipi and head to Dry Falls. How long are you staying?

5. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Isn't April 1st a Monday? Don't you guys work? Some of need to keep this economy on the upswing.
    Actually I'm jealous.
    It's not fair.
    I hate you all.
    Or something like that.

Wayne

6. Islander

Islander Steve

We need someone to keep putting money into the SS system. :D

7. Scott Salzer

Wayne:
    Yes I do " work' but my schedule is a bit more adaptable than yours, I just say screw it! You've got other kid things going, which are more important than fishing (did I say that?). How's the VB going? I like being hated if it has to do with fishing. You can be hated too, just saying.

Steve , and what are you doing for my SS? Never mind, I saw that last weekend, you bought lunch with my "contribution". BTW, thanks.

We had a good day on then island.

MB

8. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

VB is nearing the end. Three day tourney in Spokane this weekend though. Debating taking the float tube as tourney is half day Fri and Sat. Did that last year and hit Amber. But last I drove separately from my wife and had a car to myself, not this year. I will go out the following weekend but need to stay in cell phone range (on call) so looks like Lenice or Nun. Do you get cell service at Dry Falls? Doubt it.

Wayne

9. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

That's what you guys are doing for me. Thank you, thank you very much.

10. Islander

Islander Steve

Unfortunately I'm not old enough to start collecting, but at least I'm not paying any longer. A couple more years and then I can finally start getting some money from the Gov't instead of paying.

11. Bob Newman

Bob Newman Member

Unfortunately you can now get cell service on Dry Falls.

12. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Scott-wouldn't you know that my one work day of the week is April 1! BTW-I always thought my job was pretty cushy until I met you!:)

Islander likes this.
  13. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

Amber is fishing pretty well right now if you decide to go. I took my son out on Sunday & Monday and we caught plenty of fish on chironos from shore.

[​IMG]

Islander, troutpocket and BASS_TURDS like this.
  14. that is a beaitful rainbow bass

15. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Is it easy to fish from shore there? Might be option if I don't spend a ton of time fiddling with my boat.

16. Wayne Jordan

Wayne Jordan Active Member

You have a bit off accessible shoreline on either side of the launch and typically the fish are cruising tight to shore this time of year and again in the fall. Medical Lake would be another option that you could fish from shore and is a bit closer to Spokane.